Sponsored

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
Are there any launch edition GW in the shop?
When I selected my R1S on Thursday there were more LE's than Adventure... it least what was offered to me.
Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
When I selected my R1S on Thursday there were more LE's than Adventure... it least what was offered to me.
Thank you! Thats good to know. Im asking because I need to find another one.

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Unless you were picking up at the factory the timing is probably the same. Congrats!
And so it begins... after being told last week that I would not get shop access, I just got shop access. At this point, I think the only thing that would entice me to get one from the shop would be an LE in a config I like. Go figure, 14 in the shop and no LE.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
What happened to the other one you snagged?
Unfortunately, It showed up to the SC and it’s a mess! Hard pass on that one.

Sponsored

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

Good for you for making the tough decision to pass. After waiting so long for the vehicle and all the excitement of delivery day, it's really tempting to pull the trigger. It takes a steady hand (or rather mind) to step back and say "not today"!

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Good for you for making the tough decision to pass. After waiting so long for the vehicle and all the excitement of delivery day, it's really tempting to pull the trigger. It takes a steady hand (or rather mind) to step back and say "not today"!
Thank you! I thought long and hard last night and into this morning before I reached out to my guide with my decision. My guide was very understanding and assured me they would make it right. I just hope I can find one similar to the one I turned down. It was an LE at a great price.

emceter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Woah, what was wrong with it if you don’t mind sharing? I guess your gut feeling of an early vin was right (I remember you saying it was early vin if I recall correctly). Which service center are you and did you even get to see it or the service center said no fucking way and declined to even bother going through the process?

Ryanj

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron, R1S preorder
And so it begins... after being told last week that I would not get shop access, I just got shop access. At this point, I think the only thing that would entice me to get one from the shop would be an LE in a config I like. Go figure, 14 in the shop and no LE.
I just got access tonight too and Guide assigned. Haven’t talked to her yet but my delivery window also went to “processing” I’m assuming this means timing for my config should be similar? Anyone else get access and have their configuration turn to processing?

Sponsored

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
I just got access tonight too and Guide assigned. Haven’t talked to her yet but my delivery window also went to “processing” I’m assuming this means timing for my config should be similar? Anyone else get access and have their configuration turn to processing?
I hadn't noticed the delivery window "processing" part. Me too along with the guide assignment.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Checked in with my guide to get some information about parts of the 8-step process. Also asked if she had a better idea of where my vehicle is. She said it looked like it was already at the local SC and should get through inspection and prep this week. Might be contacted to schedule a date next week. Woo!!

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Woah, what was wrong with it if you don’t mind sharing? I guess your gut feeling of an early vin was right (I remember you saying it was early vin if I recall correctly). Which service center are you and did you even get to see it or the service center said no fucking way and declined to even bother going through the process?
I actually decided to stop by the service center yesterday as I was informed Friday that my vehicle was on schedule to deliver over the weekend. I didn’t meet with anyone as I believe all were off for the holiday.

Yes mine was a super low VIN for 2023. Built Jan 2023 VIN 003xx That did concern me and I even asked about it here. I figured with it being an earlier build it may have had more eyes on it compared to the newer ones they’re quickly pumping out. That was a wrong assumption on my end.

Below are the issues I found from my visual inspection. I don’t have pics for everything but here are a few.

- The rear top tail gate piece has a bulge and is wavy with deep scratches
- Passenger side roof has deep scratches
- Middle painted piece between the two glass roof panels also has deep scratches. Looks like a tree branch scraped it and caused them.
- Wheel arch trim pieces misaligned
- Silver window trim around third row sticks out on both sides. No other R1S had this issue and I walked around 6 others on the lot for comparison.
- Both side emblems are misaligned within the indention for it.
- faint body panel dent above passenger side rear wheel arch
- Driver side rear door paint chipped
- Walking up to the vehicle I noticed the tail lights randomly flashed. Happened twice while I was there. No other vehicle did this.
- Crappy body panel caulk/ paint in the corner where the outer parts of the tail lights meet the body
- Right side of tailgate edge paint is rough and bumpy

The vehicle had a sticky note with the word paint attached to the dashboard.

So after seeing all that I made up my mind to call my guide today and let her know I don’t feel comfortable taking delivery and would like to be matched to a different one or be given shop access again. It’s now a waiting game as she goes through the proper channels to get this resolved.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_7510

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_7544

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_7546

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_7495

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_7518

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Mine had gone into processing as soon as a guide was assigned and configuration was confirmed. It’s normal.

Neuneleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Expedition Max LTD, 2020 Volvo XC60
How long did it take to get to you?
ordered Sunday night, I was proposed a Thursday (4 days later) factory pickup but was leaving town for a meeting. Picked it up Saturday 9 days after offered pick up date.
Sponsored