Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Ah gotcha.

I'm just relieved that I can stop obsessing over the Shop and get prepped for the next stage!
Are you financing? What rates are you being quoted?
Sponsored

Neuneleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Expedition Max LTD, 2020 Volvo XC60
Again thanks to the prior contributors on this thread who made me request shop access. Picked this up Saturday from the factory. The first time in my life I saw so many R1 and amazon vehicles!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 20230527_153443_resized

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 20230527_153530_resized

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 20230527_153543_resized

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 20230528_175828_resized

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 20230528_175853_resized

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
Sounds identical to my process. Saw a match the day after I was granted store access. It was identical but for the 22"s. My kids persuaded me to strike despite the upcharge for the wheels - actually they preferred the look of the 22s. Picking up tomorrow hopefully.
How long did it take to get to you?

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
I'm hearing some shop vehicles are now showing up with factory PPF.
I would have loved to have found one with PPF. I always get it done at my local shop, but not always easy to schedule and have a day or two without the car.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Can anyone with shop access post the latest availability?

Sponsored

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
if it’s your exact configuration no but you could see if any orphaned LE show if you have interest in wheel options

Last edited:

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Any reason Rivian would not match you to your exact configuration instead of putting it in the shop?

emceter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I think they're just looking at the charging map. If I have location services turned out, it shows options near my actual location. If I turn it off, it shows charging near Normal, IL. I suspect that's just the default location, not actually a location near their R1, but if there's some other trick that I'm missing, it'd be great to know. My R1 is probably at the factory waiting to be shipped, but I'm not sure.
I just tested this. Turning off location services defaults your map to Normal.
Our car is in transit at the service center for sure because we are taking delivery tomorrow and it did not go to the SC but Normal when I toggled that.

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Same here. Snagged one about 10mins ago. Exact config except it is a Launch Edition which means I saved $1800 for wheels:dance:. I wonder if it'll have Meridian sound system since its Launch edition, most likely not. I was actually starting to consider others but glad I waited.

Now the real work starts for us. Figuring out tradeins, autoloans and insurance
Everything's based on production date, so highly unlikely a current LE truck would have been built in the date range to have Meridian, but YMMV as someone did report getting a very low VIN on a LE selected in the R1S shop earlier this month.

I made this post a few weeks back detailing some of the relevant dates for the various manufacturing revisions, but to summarize, a January 2023 or earlier build should have Meridian Audio and a dash 12V. A February 2023 or later R1S build should have Rivian Elevation Audio and no 12V in dash. It's unlikely to see a frunk 12V on a 2023 R1S build regardless of date, but there was a small batch that was run with excess parts so it's not impossible.

For context, I selected my LE in the shop in April 2023 and it was built in March 2023. It does not have Meridian or either of the front 12V plugs, but does have the driver side safety enhancements (not having a 12V in the front of the cabin is honestly my biggest peeve with the truck, but I'd still trade that and Rivian audio for the safety improvements).

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Everything's based on production date, so highly unlikely a current LE truck would have been built in the date range to have Meridian, but YMMV as someone did report getting a very low VIN on a LE selected in the R1S shop earlier this month.

I made this post a few weeks back detailing some of the relevant dates for the various manufacturing revisions, but to summarize, a January 2023 or earlier build should have Meridian Audio and a dash 12V. A February 2023 or later R1S build should have Rivian Elevation Audio and no 12V in dash. It's unlikely to see a frunk 12V on a 2023 R1S build regardless of date, but there was a small batch that was run with excess parts so it's not impossible.

For context, I selected my LE in the shop in April 2023 and it was built in March 2023. It does not have Meridian or either of the front 12V plugs, but does have the driver side safety enhancements (not having a 12V in the front of the cabin is honestly my biggest peeve with the truck, but I'd still trade that and Rivian audio for the safety improvements).
The R1S I secured earlier in the month that has a vin of 003xx built in Jan of 2023 has the Meridian elevation speakers.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Are there any launch edition GW in the shop?
Sponsored