Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

only seeing 12 vehicles in the Shop today in the PNW. was about double that a week ago but its the same inventory with half of them being taken by customers. anyone else seeing more?

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
I was seeing over 100 last week, 3 right now.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

only seeing 12 vehicles in the Shop today in the PNW. was about double that a week ago but its the same inventory with half of them being taken by customers. anyone else seeing more?
I was seeing over 100 last week, 3 right now.
This usually happens towards the end of the end of the quarter push. Rivian will show only what inventory they can realistically get to the service center while dealing with their end of the quarter push.

Once we wrap up and move onto the new year, you will see the shop return back to regular inventory levels.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Last week, there was only a handful (mid-Atlantic region). Many more this week though (~25) and even one Forest Green LE with OC interior, 20" wheel/tire combo and underbody shield.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Last week, there was only a handful (mid-Atlantic region). Many more this week though (~25) and even one Forest Green LE with OC interior, 20" wheel/tire combo and underbody shield.
Does the launch edition come with a spare or the all terrain package?

Mainly I’m asking if the wheels are free with launch edition package or they’re trying to force all terrain package where the upgrades wheels are no longer free with a launch edition.

Thanks!

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does the launch edition come with a spare or the all terrain package?

Mainly I’m asking if the wheels are free with launch edition package or they’re trying to force all terrain package where the upgrades wheels are no longer free with a launch edition.

Thanks!
The LE can be had with either of two different 20" wheels as stand-alone options, or with 20" wheels as part of the All-terrain package. Very few (of the very few) LE's in the R1 Shop have the 20" wheels without the reinforced body shield, aka the All-terrain option.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The LE can be had with either of two different 20" wheels as stand-alone options, or with 20" wheels as part of the All-terrain package. Very few (of the very few) LE's in the R1 Shop have the 20" wheels without the reinforced body shield, aka the All-terrain option.

Thanks!

I was able to pick up my Launch Edition with free 20" wheels since it did not come with the spare tire. Previously Rivian was including the all terrain package on launch editions which would remove the free wheel upgrade offer for buying a launch edition.

I am including 3 examples where in one case the wheels are free and in the second case you're being forced to buy the all terrain package and lose out on the savings.

The last one is my specific model where I went with a Launch Edition in Midnight Black instead of my IRS special edition white on white with 21" road wheels for $77,200 with underbody shield.

I decided to pay for and upgrade to Midnight Black if I was able to snag a Launch Edition where the wheels would offset the paint.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_9703

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_9704

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! All Terrain (1).JPG

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1703950017330

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Clubs

MidnightRivian and Yossarian were you early reservation holders or are these LE prices available to all? I had to return my rivian yesterday and they’re trying to manually match me to a new rivian and they haven’t been able to add me to R1s access.

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Whoa! $3950 for A-T Upgrade on a LE preorder (and obviously pre March '22 price increases). Why would anyone with a LE preorder check that box when the same combination separately was $0 for 20" A-T wheels, $2000 for underbody shield, and $450 for compact spare? What am I missing? Today, the A-T Upgrade is $3600 in the rivian.com studio.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whoa! $3950 for A-T Upgrade on a LE preorder (and obviously pre March '22 price increases). Why would anyone with a LE preorder check that box when the same combination separately was $0 for 20" A-T wheels, $2000 for underbody shield, and $450 for compact spare? What am I missing? Today, the A-T Upgrade is $3600 in the rivian.com studio.
You're mostly right about the pricing on the upgrades for early pre-orders. My R1S is configured with the 20" Brite wheels/AT tires, sans the underbody shield. That is a no-cost option on the LE I have reserved. My off-roading consists of an occasional foray on gravel or fire roads, sometimes with a small teardrop in tow, so no need for the shield or the AT tires. I will swap them for a set of Defender AS's when I get my Rivian, so watch this space for a good deal on very low mileage Pirelli Scorpion AT's.

That said, I have been thinking of adding the shield back however, strictly to help resale: I am 99% sure I will switch to the R2 in the not-too-distant future. What keeps me from doing that is the $80k threshold for the tax credit. The cost for the underbody shield takes me over that, and I will need to ditch something to stay under the limit.

I originally had the compact spare in the configuration, but Rivian removed it a while ago when they had supply chain issues. I've asked my guide to add it back, but was told that's not possible and I will need to purchase it through the Gear Shop. Hopefully it will be at the initial $450 price. I'm assuming that this is case for everyone but it's not clear just why you can no longer add the compact spare to your configuration. It's actually a benefit in my case, at least if I get it the old pricing; if were part of my order, it would take me over the tax credit threshold.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

MidnightRivian and Yossarian were you early reservation holders or are these LE prices available to all? I had to return my rivian yesterday and they’re trying to manually match me to a new rivian and they haven’t been able to add me to R1s access.

I was an early reservation holder for Adventure Package and was able to snag a Launch Edition at original pricing / wheel upgrade offer from the shop. All my pre-order pricing stayed intact and I was able to also take advantage of the wheel upgrade opportunity.

R1S Shop selection: 6/9/23: Launch Edition - Quad Motor / Large Pack / Midnight / OC / 20" All Terrain Wheels / RUS.

R1S Confirmed Configuration: July - September 2023 estimate: Quad Motor / Large Pack / GW / OC / 21" Road / RUS.

R1S build Jun 2021: Adventure Package - Quad Motor / Large Pack / Midnight / BM / 20" All Terrain Wheels / RUS.
Sponsored