Sponsored

Asimov4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
We spent the week in the Redwoods national forest with the family and grandparents (filled all 7 seats and there was space to spare for the luggage). Drove from Seattle with a stop in Eugene, OR on the way there. Then drove all the way back from Ferndale, CA to Seattle in one go (12h drive including charging stops). I was able to only charge on the RAN each way with some L2 charging at Elk Meadow Cabins which I highly recommend. This is what greeted us when we arrived:

That video of the welcoming committee was epic. Glad you had a good trip. Any great roadside stops on the way down? Contemplating a Seattle to SoCal trip in the fall.
We were optimizing for kid friendly stops. One unexpected highlight was a short hike through the Vedanta Retreat shrines: https://www.vedanta-portland.org/shrines
It added about half an hour before the Portland charger but was a really nice walk through the forest with beautiful shrines. The end of the trail has a viewpoint, Maitri point, from which you can see Mount Rainier, Mount Saint Helens, Mount Adams and Mount hood at the same time on a clear day:

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Roadtrip to the Redwoods from Seattle 1716169754842-bm

On the way down, we went through the Oregon coast, charging at the Coos Bay charger with a stop at the Oregon Dunes Day Use area on the way. The coast drive going south was really nice.

Then right before Crescent City, the next RAN charger on the way, I'd highly recommend a drive through the Jedediah Smith state park.

Then take the scenic road through the Redwoods National Park.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Roadtrip to the Redwoods from Seattle 1716170324254-bs

The furthest south we got was the lost coast where the roads were rough but the views amazing:

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Roadtrip to the Redwoods from Seattle 1716170153634-i2
Sponsored

Ahmadifier

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

That video of the welcoming committee was epic. Glad you had a good trip. Any great roadside stops on the way down? Contemplating a Seattle to SoCal trip in the fall.

RivianRunner

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, F-150, Suzuki DR650
Occupation
Tester
We spent the week in the Redwoods national forest with the family and grandparents (filled all 7 seats and there was space to spare for the luggage). Drove from Seattle with a stop in Eugene, OR on the way there. Then drove all the way back from Ferndale, CA to Seattle in one go (12h drive including charging stops). I was able to only charge on the RAN each way with some L2 charging at Elk Meadow Cabins which I highly recommend. This is what greeted us when we arrived:

Very cool!

Just curious, is that normal for half of the field of view of the front camera to be of the car itself (or do you have something mounted up there)?

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger
We did a similar trip, but from the opposite direction. We actually prefer RW National over Yosemite - far less crowded.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Cayenne E-Hybrid, R1T DM Std.+
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Interesting as I was just playing around with the ABPR website to look for chargers between Yakima and Yosemite. Very cool trip, we did it a few years ago in our Honda Pilot. Nice vids too.
Sponsored