Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
  • Banned
I have an R1S on order and curious, how is the ride quality? As I get older, I want something quite comfortable on the highway that just soaks up the bumps, is quiet, and has real comfortable seats. Maybe not taken as far as a Mercedes S-Class, but what do R1S owners think about ride comfort, cabin noise and seat comfort?
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Pixelshot is going to do a comparison between his T and S. Wait for that video. But there are mixed reports but all agree the S does not ride as well as the T. It comes down to the degree of difference.

MuskOxFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (selling), Porsche Taycan
Occupation
Tech
I've read much about the compromised handling and ride of the R1S as compared to the R1T. My guess is this is all due to the shorter wheelbase. Rivian really needs to make an extended wheelbase R1S both to improve the ride quality and offer some additional legroom, perhaps with captains chairs.

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
The ride quality in our Audi Q7 is better than the R1S in my opinion. The Audi floats over bumps better while still keeping the steering tight. The R1S definitely feels like a truck while driving it - no surprise there.
Sponsored