Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I'm not sure I learned much from the "reviews" but I'm trying to stay positive.
I have learned that a lot of reviewers are too lazy to learn how to pronounce Rivian correctly.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Well, that's curious. The C-Net article claims the R1S is an inch less tall than the R1T. I wonder where that inch is coming from? I doubt it's any of the body components, they'd want to use as much the same as possible?
My guess is the Sharkfin, it is in the back of the R1S and seems to slope down. If that is the tallest point I can see it being lower.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Do any of these reviews/videos show a dog jumping into the back? If not and someone is going to Venice next week, bring a dog and post a video of them jumping in the back! The rear gate looks too high even for my reasonably athletic 50-lb dogs.
Iā€™m going next week, not bringing the pups but will compare the height to my Jeep GC to the R1S. Our dogs are border collie/ husky mixes 65 and 75 pounds, 4 years old and easily jump in and out of the Jeep GC.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have learned that a lot of reviewers are too lazy to learn how to pronounce Rivian correctly.
Reminds me of Tesla.
Turns out everybody pronounces it differently. With a S, long S or a Z.
When asked, Elon used the Z pronunciation and the interviewer offered the S version. In the end, Elon agreed on Z or long S.
My point is who cares about the pronunciation of an invented name? (Unlike Rivian, Tesla is a real name).
Ever lived in NYC? You might be intrigued by how New Yorkers pronounce Houston Streetā€¦

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Iā€™m going next week, not bringing the pups but will compare the height to my Jeep GC to the R1S. Our dogs are border collie/ husky mixes 65 and 75 pounds, 4 years old and easily jump in and out of the Jeep GC.
Thank you! My pups get into my 4Runner just fine but due to the liftgate mechanism, it looks like it adds another 3-4 inches of height.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I thought someone would spend a bit more time on storage behind 3rd row.... I guess they were mostly too busy complaining about lack of space on 3rd rows

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Reminds me of Tesla.
Turns out everybody pronounces it differently. With a S, long S or a Z.
When asked, Elon used the Z pronunciation and the interviewer offered the S version. In the end, Elon agreed on Z or long S.
My point is who cares about the pronunciation of an invented name? (Unlike Rivian, Tesla is a real name).
Ever lived in NYC? You might be intrigued by how New Yorkers pronounce Houston Streetā€¦
I have never lived in NYC, but I have family up there. Houston is pronounced Howston. I believe there is also a Howston in Georgia. Interesting fact, it is pronounced Howstun because the last name was spelled Houstoun, but the extra u was dropped from the spelling for some reason.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
My Rivian excitement had been waning for months, but watching so many in action got me excited again.

My new issue is the color choice - Iā€™d do yellow in a heartbeat if the family would let me, but that was summarily shot down (looked amazing in the Edmunds RiviON review). White looks great but a bit plain (current config), Forest Green is still nice, but the blue and red both really surprised me in a very positive way.

Think Iā€™m leaning toward blue all the suddenā€¦though thatā€™s also the color of my P*2 and hopefully soon to arrive Antimatter Blue Lightning.

Decisions, decisions.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
.....My point is who cares about the pronunciation of an invented name? (Unlike Rivian, Tesla is a real name).ā€¦
Sure, but Rivian is an amalgamation of two real words that pretty much everyone knows the correct pronunciation of: RIV(er) and Ind(IAN). It is not really that hard to come up with the "correct" pronunciation based on that.

If the folks ending Rivian with an "on" sound pronounce Indian as "Indion", I'll give them a pass. Otherwise, they are wrong.

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Sure, but Rivian is an amalgamation of two real words that pretty much everyone knows the correct pronunciation of: RIV(er) and Ind(IAN). It is not really that hard to come up with the "correct" pronunciation based on that.
You sure about that?
Around some areas you'll hear Reever or Injun. So we could get Reevjun if we're going by that logic šŸ˜‚

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
You sure about that?
Around some areas you'll hear Reever or Injun. So we could get Reevjun if we're going by that logic šŸ˜‚
Yes. You'll note I said pretty much everyone. Exceptions proving the rule and all that....

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yes. You'll note I said pretty much everyone. Exceptions proving the rule and all that....
So in the end, we might be able to agree that, even if some pronunciations can sound unpleasant for some, it doesnā€™t really matter or make a difference.
At least, we can agree n the fact that we all like the companyā€™s products despite their horrendous communication and inability to stick to a timeline.

After watching all these videos, Iā€™m now wondering which way to go. The repeated mention of a ā€œbadā€ ride when in the middle row combined with more body roll than the T makes me (and not needing the 3rd row) makes me wonder if the T would be a better optionā€¦ gonna have to see it in person and hopefully get to drive it.
Wondering if theyā€™ll do something like the first mile for the S. Although Iā€™d prefer a real test drive.