First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Sales
I’m super curious what we will learn about the R1S “max” pack on the 27th/28th relative to time frame windows. I definitely got direction from CS that some news was coming and not to change my configuration to the R1T Max pack. Anybody else get similar guidance? She confirmed it would be a different range than the max pack for the R1T.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
May 22nd.... that's a Sunday. So basically they'll have 23rd-31st, or (7) business days in May! Wonder how many R1S deliveries there will be?
They meant May 2022 and August 2022, not exactly May 22nd and August 22nd.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Is this for the LE R1S?
No, Launch Edition R1S reservation holders already have rough delivery windows. This is for R1S Adventure and Explore trims.

CYoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
According to CS, if you changed your LE model after you received your first delivery window, they will also be sending updated delivery timelines for those LE holders.

Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'll be interested to compare my two orders...
1st one early 2021.
2nd one September 2021.

1st one was originally an R1T, but swapped to R1S after the misses said she wanted the R1S then put in the 2nd order for the R1T.

Curious if they would show up close to the same time given the time difference between start in production between R1T and R1S is a little less than the spread in my order time.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'll be interested to compare my two orders...
1st one early 2021.
2nd one September 2021.

1st one was originally an R1T, but swapped to R1S after the misses said she wanted the R1S then put in the 2nd order for the R1T.

Curious if they would show up close to the same time given the time difference between start in production between R1T and R1S is a little less than the spread in my order time.
I am wondering if they might be pushing delivery of Max Pack until late 22/early 23. I could also see that cascading a lot of changes to delivery schedule if a bunch of early reservation max pack holders change to large after getting a later than expected delivery window, bumping back the people who reserved after them but have an earlier delivery window.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am wondering if they might be pushing delivery of Max Pack until late 22/early 23. I could also see that cascading a lot of changes to delivery schedule if a bunch of early reservation max pack holders change to large after getting a later than expected delivery window, bumping back the people who reserved after them but have an earlier delivery window.
Putting aside the engineering/design change needed for a MAX pack, given that it takes an additional 1 or 2 modular battery packs to make the MAX pack, there is an argument for Rivian to push out MAX pack deliveries if it is a small % of the orders AND they are battery supply chain limited. If for every 5 MAX packs, they could built another large or EDV, they may choose to do that if it is a larger % of the overall order book.

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
I hear ya @Zoidz. We'll see if they shaped up. A new year, a new new hope...
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Production: ADVENTURE starts May 2022 and EXPLORE starts August 2022 (Per Rivian CS). Delivery timeline emails next week! ANH

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Does me no good without Max Pack dates

Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I’m super curious what we will learn about the R1S “max” pack on the 27th/28th relative to time frame windows. I definitely got direction from CS that some news was coming and not to change my configuration to the R1T Max pack. Anybody else get similar guidance? She confirmed it would be a different range than the max pack for the R1T.
Dunno what to do about Max pack. As a P85 model S owner since Feb 2014, I always tell everyone to buy as much battery as they can. But from Rivian's stats, it seems like their 135kwh pack is a sweet spot wrt performance, weight, size, etc. I kinda want to wait for the max pack, but not until 2023. What does one give up in an R1S with a max pack (besides $10k)? 3rd row seats?, full size spare?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I appreciate getting the info on the delivery windows, but what I really want is a way to see how my window changes based on options! I have one LE reservation and one non-LE reservation. I am not committed to the R1T or R1S for LE. In a perfect world, I would get the R1T LE and the R1S Max pack. If Max isn't announced anytime soon, then I would get the R1S LE. How does that play into the mix? Please Rivian, just give Customer Service the ability/resources to answer your customers questions!

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
What the CS reps say now that they are public carries a lot more responsibility. Hopefully they have improved communications and CS is in step with sales and production.....

Ever dealt with Tesla?

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Dunno what to do about Max pack. As a P85 model S owner since Feb 2014, I always tell everyone to buy as much battery as they can. But from Rivian's stats, it seems like their 135kwh pack is a sweet spot wrt performance, weight, size, etc. I kinda want to wait for the max pack, but not until 2023. What does one give up in an R1S with a max pack (besides $10k)? 3rd row seats?, full size spare?
What I've read is that max pack is only available with 5 seater, It takes up the volume (bottom of the seat down to the floor) of the 3rd row seats.

As for full size spare, there isn't one now and nothing was mentioned about not having any spare with max pack.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I appreciate getting the info on the delivery windows, but what I really want is a way to see how my window changes based on options! I have one LE reservation and one non-LE reservation. I am not committed to the R1T or R1S for LE. In a perfect world, I would get the R1T LE and the R1S Max pack. If Max isn't announced anytime soon, then I would get the R1S LE. How does that play into the mix? Please Rivian, just give Customer Service the ability/resources to answer your customers questions!
Well, since LE is sold out, if you have a deposit on it, then you already know the window for that delivery.

Even if max pack is announced for the R1S in the next quarter, I speculate that the priority for max pack is for the truck and not the SUV for now (since max pack has already been available as an option on the truck already). In that case, you most likely are looking at sometime in 2023 at the earliest.

Base on what you've said, the fastest time to R1 something is the R1S LE, assuming that you have a spot in line already and have been notified. You can always contact CS and change to the LE truck with max pack and see what they say about a new date (which may or may not be in 2022).
Sponsored