Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

I just received mine as well. November 2019 R1S preorder (always had the adventure pack). Estimated delivery Oct-December 2022.

I don't understand why my delivery date matches yours given I ordered 14 months prior.
On it’s face, I agree it seems crazy. Digging in, I would assume that one or more of the following is at play.
1) Steep ramp/production curve anticipated by rivian for R1S.
2) Something in your configuration is anticipated to cause a delay
3) Not many R1S orders in 2020, so not as much space between our orders as it appears.
4) location
5) you will likely be October and myself December if production is on target. If they start in May and the above holds true, relatively speaking, you will get yours a lot sooner than me.

I understand you have been waiting longer, but other than you being way cooler than me and knowing about its existence earlier, there might not be that much of an advantage ordering in 2019 vs early 2021.
Sponsored

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
On it’s face, I agree it seems crazy. Digging in, I would assume that one or more of the following is at play.
1) Steep ramp/production curve anticipated by rivian for R1S.
2) Something in your configuration is anticipated to cause a delay
3) Not many R1S orders in 2020, so not as much space between our orders as it appears.
4) location
5) you will likely be October and myself December if production is on target. If they start in May and the above holds true, relatively speaking, you will get yours a lot sooner than me.

I understand you have been waiting longer, but other than you being way cooler than me and knowing about its existence earlier, there might not be that much of an advantage ordering in 2019 vs early 2021.
Agreed. I guess I should have just level set my expectations when RJ said May for Adventure Pack and August.

My config is intentionally what I would call a high volume / typical config:
R1S Adventure Package
Forest Green
Ocean Coast
7 Seater
Wall Charger
All Weather Mats
22" Sport Bright wheels

I stayed away from unique colors like yellow, red etc, and the off-road pkg

I am not that cool. LOL

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Agreed. I guess I should have just level set my expectations when RJ said May for Adventure Pack and August.

My config is intentionally what I would call a high volume / typical config:
R1S Adventure Package
Forest Green
Ocean Coast
7 Seater
Wall Charger
All Weather Mats
22" Sport Bright wheels

I stayed away from unique colors like yellow, red etc, and the off-road pkg

I am not that cool. LOL
I do wonder if the off road package matters. All deliveries I have seen on Instagram have the off road package; think it matters?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I do wonder if the off road package matters. All deliveries I have seen on Instagram have the off road package; think it matters?
Probably not much, if at all. According to the survey, there are LE vehicles without the offroad package slated for March-April 2022.

soumak

First Name
Soumak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Do you all think that an order placed today for an adventure pack R1S with standard range vs same order with R1T placed today will result in R1S delivered sooner than the R1T due to backlog?

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Do you all think that an order placed today for an adventure pack R1S with standard range vs same order with R1T placed today will result in R1S delivered sooner than the R1T due to backlog?
no. by the time they get to your order, R1S vs R1T should be equally producible. Probably adventure vs explorer as well, as long as there's no additional hiccups when cutting the trim down for explorer (that's the big unknown).

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Is there a Thread for folks that have had their cars delivered? Not talking about Rivian employees but the rest of the customer base.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Still waiting on crumbs of info on the R1S!
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy