Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
So after 4 years of waiting, switching from a R1T to an R1S, canceling then reinstating my order, enduring months of no communication and numerous delays, the day has finally come. I received my email today that my R1S is ready and its time to schedule delivery! Can not believe it! Of course I am not home to receive so it will have to wait a little longer...

Pre order Date 12/2018
Location- Orlando, Fl
Delivery window- Oct-Dec
Guide assigned- April 22'
Specs- R1S LE, GW, Mountain Black, 20" AT's along with a with accessory items
No underbody shield? That is exciting for me : ) I don't have one either.
Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I stopped by the Bellevue (Seattle) SC yesterday afternoon hoping to see a new OC interior (in an R1T - it's not shipping yet for R1S) and the folks there said they are expecting to get a R1S fleet vehicle the first two weeks of October to demo to customers. They are taking that to mean that R1S production is ramping up successfully.

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

delivery was great! The 8 steps went according to plan and happened very fast. The guys at the SC brought it out to us and did a great walk through and test drive. The R1s is pretty awesome! Our test drive was the first time we drove it and it was a learning experience not using the brake. We are first time ev owners and I think my wife is sold on it!!

feel free to reach out if you have any questions once you get going. The guys from the SC said they are starting to get vehicles pretty regularly now. So sounds like you should be soon.
Config?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

delivery was great! The 8 steps went according to plan and happened very fast. The guys at the SC brought it out to us and did a great walk through and test drive. The R1s is pretty awesome! Our test drive was the first time we drove it and it was a learning experience not using the brake. We are first time ev owners and I think my wife is sold on it!!

feel free to reach out if you have any questions once you get going. The guys from the SC said they are starting to get vehicles pretty regularly now. So sounds like you should be soon.
Where's the first adventure gonna take u????

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Pre order Date 12/2018
Location- Orlando, Fl
Delivery window- Oct-Dec
Guide assigned- April 22'
Specs- R1S LE, GW, Mountain Black, 20" AT's along with a with accessory items
* No underbody shield
Another very early adopter getting a vehicle!!!!!!

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Remember they do batching
That's why I am excited - Waiting to see deliveries wo shield.

I am thinking of switching to 21s after seeing them in person (beefy enough for me, and actually look much better in person). But I am afraid that will push me out. And like so many I feel indecisive between the 20 and 21s.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I am thinking of switching to 21s after seeing them in person (beefy enough for me, and actually look much better in person). But I am afraid that will push me out. And like so many I feel indecisive between the 20 and 21s.
Remember the main issue with 21s is lack of availability. There are tons of 20s out there

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just pick what u really want.

Sponsored

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law

My two cents: If you love the look of the 20s, but are worried about the range hit, you can stop worrying, especially if you'll have a Level 2 charger at home. Since 2018, my daily driver has been a Long Range Model 3, which has an advertised range of 310 miles (roughly the same as the R1S). But I've realized that a range of 270 (which is about what you'd get with the current standard range LFP Model 3 and the R1S with 20s) would be more than enough for 100% of my family's use cases. Unless you are regularly making a trip where that extra 30-40 miles of range will let you avoid a charging stop, or you drive 150+ miles on a daily basis, the range hit from the 20's will be meaningless (IMHO). And that's still true even if you're only charging to Rivian's recommended 70% for daily driving (again, IMHO).

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
My two cents: If you love the look of the 20s, but are worried about the range hit, you can stop worrying, especially if you'll have a Level 2 charger at home. Since 2018, my daily driver has been a Long Range Model 3, which has an advertised range of 310 miles (roughly the same as the R1S). But I've realized that a range of 270 (which is about what you'd get with the current standard range LFP Model 3 and the R1S with 20s) would be more than enough for 100% of my family's use cases. Unless you are regularly making a trip where that extra 30-40 miles of range will let you avoid a charging stop, or you drive 150+ miles on a daily basis, the range hit from the 20's will be meaningless (IMHO). And that's still true even if you're only charging to Rivian's recommended 70% for daily driving (again, IMHO).
Thanks, this is helpful and thoughtful. 20s would be great for winter driving but would cut the range.

We live in the northeast and last winter rented a house in the ADKs about 250 miles away. I think in the winter I would have to stop to charge on the way up in either wheel. I like the grip of the 20s for the winter. However this year, we will be skiing in the Catskills, which are much closer.

LIke you and others say, for the difference of 20-40 miles, you could just drive faster and charge up on a long trip. I'll let the group know what I do!

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Great info about the 20"ers...
I like the look of both the 20" and 22" versions, and I am on the fence on which one to start with...
Right now, I am not making any changes to my config to prevent delays.

I find myself checking way to often again after saying I would boycott checking for any news of getting a guide assigned... I just do not want to get disappointed every day with no news...

I think I need to stop checking as I am seeing more examples of R1T's being delivered to reservations holder with less than a year of waiting over others who have been here from 2018 and 2019.... I hope that the R1T situation is not the case for R1S reservation holders...but I am starting to see some evidence of that...o_O

Patience is wearing thin.

:headbang:

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Oct-Dec eta. Guide intro on Monday 9/26. Vin 432 assigned 9/27. 8 Steps 9/27. Vehicle is in Normal finishing up and awaiting transport by train to the West Coast. Could be 6-8 weeks they say.
3/2019 reservation holder. Las Vegas. 10 miles from service center. R1S, LIMESTONE, BM, UNDERBODY, 20AT DARK, SPARE, CHARGER, CROSSRACKS.

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Excited to see everyone posting about their deliveries and to see the R1S delivery forum page with the list growing.

BUT not gonna lie, seeing everyone take deliveries with pre-orders so much later than mine is tough to watch. The wait, now at 1,393 days and counting, coupled with Rivian's extremely poor communication and general lack of information absolutely sucks.

Really hope I am wrong, but with an Oct-Dec "window", I am guessing I will not take delivery until after Dec. 4, 2022, which will be more than four (4) years after deposit. So much for being early.
Sponsored