Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
Will add a more detailed review later but what a day!!! 100% worth the 5 hr. trip to get the factory tour and pickup. What an amazing operation and can’t wipe the grin off my face.

68C3AAB9-DE7F-4502-BC77-309D0AF7D28B.jpeg
4B2BF85D-0390-41FD-92E3-262287CEE457.jpeg
EB50F9AF-21FF-46E6-8886-3539DE091A6A.jpeg
My 14 year old son is begging me to let him skip school and join me for Rivian pickup on Tuesday. I’m not letting him but I told him I would take him next week on a road trip in the R1s to a Flyers Ranger game 2 hours away instead. He refused saying we will get our butts kicked cheering the Rangers in Philly.
Sponsored

jamiehobbes

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & Impreza
Occupation
Engineer
Got delivery today. Super excited, I definitely not used to one pedal driving, and trying to figure out the wipers on the fly almost lead to a rough first day.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 7C313CE7-9797-4F3C-9F59-1E358B466A98

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I took delivery at the factory last week, enjoyed the factory tour, and the Rivian tour guide said the first Ocean Coast R1S was just produced, with Silver exterior. Second one was about to be produced. Also said they were no longer batching colors, interior or exterior, and we saw that on the production line … 5 R1S’ in a row on the line with different colors.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 2360C3A6-BAA8-4808-9A85-A5225E833964

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

[Tour guide] said they were no longer batching colors, interior or exterior, and we saw that on the production line ...
Did the tour guide say whether they were batching for underbody shield or wheel/tire configurations? Or are they simply not batching at all?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did the tour guide say whether they were batching for underbody shield or wheel/tire configurations? Or are they simply not batching at all?
On my tour on 1/26/23 the guide said they were not batching at all and what I saw on the floor seemed to support that.

Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
....finding out that Tesla is charging much more at their super chargers for the Model 3....just another reason to add to a long list of why I will not buy a Tesla.
Wait...what? I haven't heard that supercharging a Model 3 costs more than charging other Tesla models. Where did you hear that?

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Wait...what? I haven't heard that supercharging a Model 3 costs more than charging other Tesla models. Where did you hear that?
It's not true. I own a Model 3.

The only price difference is the legacy Model S and X owner who has unlimited free charging. There are fewer and fewer owners of those as years roll on.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Just got my eight steps for my ocean coast blue R1S. Tried to read the thread but didn't see, can anyone tell me how they arrange the factory pickup? I've gotten no communication really from my guide. When can I ask about it?

Can people tell me what airport they've been flying into and how they get from the airport to the factory?

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Can people tell me what airport they've been flying into and how they get from the airport to the factory?
The airport for the twin cities of Bloomington-Normal is called Central Illinois Regional Airport. Its 3-letter abbreviation is BMI. The Rivian factory is on the west side of town and the airport is on the east side. I'm sure that I've seen a recent post in which a Rivian employee picked up the factory delivery customer at the airport, but I can't speak from experience.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The airport for the twin cities of Bloomington-Normal is called Central Illinois Regional Airport. Its 3-letter abbreviation is BMI. The Rivian factory is on the west side of town and the airport is on the east side. I'm sure that I've seen a recent post in which a Rivian employee picked up the factory delivery customer at the airport, but I can't speak from experience.
Ground transportation is tough at that airport, they have no taxi stand. I don’t use Uber/Lyft but was told they are sparse as well. I got a number from someone at the rental car booth to get a car to pick me up and take me to the hotel. Rivian did pick me up from the hotel for the delivery.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Thanks for the airport info. I'm going to call my guide tomorrow to figure out just how soon soon is (is it built? At the factory? At the service center? Etc) and then ask about the delivery options. Also need to know so I can sell my current SUV... Trying to time that for private sale value, using funds for down payment on this, and making sure the family won't without the grocery getter for too long

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Ground transportation is tough at that airport, they have no taxi stand. I don’t use Uber/Lyft but was told they are sparse as well. I got a number from someone at the rental car booth to get a car to pick me up and take me to the hotel. Rivian did pick me up from the hotel for the delivery.
We took Uber from the airport to our hotel. We also used an Uber to go to dinner. No issues. Rivian picked us up at our hotel to take us to the factory. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Bloomington West, which is just a mile from the factory.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Thanks for the airport info. I'm going to call my guide tomorrow to figure out just how soon soon is (is it built? At the factory? At the service center? Etc) and then ask about the delivery options. Also need to know so I can sell my current SUV... Trying to time that for private sale value, using funds for down payment on this, and making sure the family won't without the grocery getter for too long
Unless you specifically coordinate with your Guide, your vehicle will be delivered to the service center that serves your area. Factory delivery must be requested and is not available on all vehicles. (According to our guide)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Just got my eight steps for my ocean coast blue R1S. Tried to read the thread but didn't see, can anyone tell me how they arrange the factory pickup? I've gotten no communication really from my guide. When can I ask about it?

If you're at the beginning of the 8 steps and haven't already arranged for factory delivery, it may already be too late. Reach out to your Guide ASAP.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

If you're at the beginning of the 8 steps and haven't already arranged for factory delivery, it may already be too late. Reach out to your Guide ASAP.
Yup it was too late, I'm going to have to take service center delivery. It's ok though.
Sponsored