Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I now have this. The SC is 4h away. but theres no delivery options...any ideas?
I'd see what your guide says about scheduling delivery and if you can get the next open day/spot.

A road trip would be a good way to get to know the car if you can spare the time. But I'd make sure fast charging works before heading out; there have been some stories of R1Ses only working with level 2 chargers upon delivery.
Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I'd see what your guide says about scheduling delivery and if you can get the next open day/spot.

A road trip would be a good way to get to know the car if you can spare the time. But I'd make sure fast charging works before heading out; there have been some stories of R1Ses only working with level 2 chargers upon delivery.
That’s what I’m a bit afraid of. If it’s at 100% with 22’s I should make it. Even with the cooler temps. But if I’m 250 away and it doesn’t do they just give my car back? Give a loaner?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
When I said I was flexible on color I got a call and told what was available that met my other criteria. I picked one, was sent a PBA with the new configuration and told I was Matched to a VIN and should get 8-Steps in a few days.
It’s the delay on 8-Steps that has me wondering. Also, I was not given the actual VIN but told it was for a 2023.
The VIN should be on the top of the purchase agreement in the box right next to the miles.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
So guide reached out after hours after I screenshotted the issue. Service/Delivery team texted at 803 and I have a in home delivery for Monday!

834 days! (and I waited in 2020 to preorder because I didn't want it to be too soon...haha)

My overall take away is to be reasonable to the guide but it seems either I got lucky or some nudging helped move things along. All major Rivian communications occurred about 1 hour after she responded to my questions.

Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

- 1.5 hrs from Irvine, CA
- 1/6 Configuration confirmed
- 1/9 Guide Intro call
- 1/10 8 steps VIN 33**
- 1/12 Rivian Charger arrived
- Not completed the steps 4,5,7 on purpose until 8: Schedule delivery occurs, guide recommended

just can’t focus on my work .. help ..

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
- 1.5 hrs from Irvine, CA
- 1/6 Configuration confirmed
- 1/9 Guide Intro call
- 1/10 8 steps VIN 33**
- 1/12 Rivian Charger arrived
- Not completed the steps 4,5,7 on purpose until 8: Schedule delivery occurs, guide recommended

just can’t focus on my work .. help ..
Do you know where your R1S was when you got the 8 steps? Will be interested in your timing to get it shipped from Normal to Irvine.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Do you know where your R1S was when you got the 8 steps? Will be interested in your timing to get it shipped from Normal to Irvine.
No.
I was told the ETA is early February.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Got my 8 steps this morning! It's odd since I talked to my guide yesterday and he mentioned they didnt have a vin match for me yet.

*Edit* Got to the insurance part of my steps, there's the VIN! 2023 model, #37XX

Went from getting the VIN to "its at your service center awaiting inspection" in 5 days!

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
Got my 8 steps Monday. 40xx VIN. Asked guide and he says its built, in Normal ready to ship. On my T it took 6 weeks from this point. Expecting the same. Gives me time to sell my current car 3rd party since Rivians trade in price is terrible.

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Got my 8 steps Monday. 40xx VIN. Asked guide and he says its built, in Normal ready to ship. On my T it took 6 weeks from this point. Expecting the same. Gives me time to sell my current car 3rd party since Rivians trade in price is terrible.
Picking up Saturday. 6 weeks sounds right west coast. Will be 3 weeks and one day from guide call/8 steps. In theory it could have been 3 weeks but I could not do pick up on Friday. Picking up Saturday am.

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I'm not quite following. Did your guide tell you what your VIN is? Or just that you've been matched to a VIN (to be revealed later)? Do you know NN or PN (MY22 or MY23)?
jumping in here...the guide can give you your VIN# and it you will have it once the 8-step starts as you will need to get insurance done with a VIN# whether you use Rivian or your own insurance agency. Good luck!

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I talked with my Guide and have been told I am matched to a VIN! I was told it'd be a few days before being invited to start the "Digital Purchasing Process." Is that delay what others have experienced?
Not for me, my purchase process started the next day.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs