Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

rivianjr

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition - Launch Green
Occupation
Tech guy
Clubs

Congrats on your new S. Looks great!

I just received my crossbars a week after ordering them. It’s odd to take three weeks for an in-stock item. What do you mean about receiving a “quote” that included delivery estimate?
By quote what I mean is that is what my Rivian Guide quoted me when I asked her yesterday after receiving the vehicle - three weeks for receipt.
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

By quote what I mean is that is what my Rivian Guide quoted me when I asked her yesterday after receiving the vehicle - three weeks for receipt.
My experience is if it’s in stock it ships in about a week after placing the order, plus transit time to your address.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Received my LE R1S Launch Green at the Bellevue SC in time for a little winter snow action. Pre-order date was 11/16/20 so two years and two weeks. I was surprised to learn that the quote for receiving my cross-bars was "three weeks," ugh. I'm a skier and the lifts are turning so was hoping for those cross-bars sooner.

I'm wondering if it's
JRs R1S.jpeg
taken three weeks for other R1S owners to receive something so basic? They appear to be in stock at the Rivian shop...

Cheers,
Congratulations! How was the ride in that light snow on the 20s?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Haven't had much time to peruse the forums but I'm glad I did - lots of good news happening on this thread.

I had my demo drive recently and I was floored...First time seeing the S in person plus it was FG! I didn't have enough time to comb over everything but I was surprised at how well built it felt. My brother owns a Tesla, I've been in it often and no offense it seems "plasticky". Rivian didn't feel that way at all.

The drive was smooth like butter and I floored it at least 10x during my drive...it was FUN and I can't wait to get mine now!

Sponsored

rivianjr

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition - Launch Green
Occupation
Tech guy
Clubs

Congratulations! How was the ride in that light snow on the 20s?
We actually got 2-3 inches in my area along with a little freeze. I found a tight winding uphill in the foothills where I live to test the vehicle a bit, mostly snow-covered pavement. It felt very solid up and downhill in all-purpose mode.

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Mine is ready for delivery as soon as Tuesday while I finish centralizing the funds since VIN>8 steps>transpo>arrival>ready were all DAYS apart! Not weeks.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Mine is ready for delivery as soon as Tuesday while I finish centralizing the funds since VIN>8 steps>transpo>arrival>ready were all DAYS apart! Not weeks.
How long did it take you from config to Vin to delivery? I got my config confirmation today and 8 steps and Vin minutes after

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

How long did it take you from config to Vin to delivery? I got my config confirmation today and 8 steps and Vin minutes after
Config confirmation email was 11/21
8 steps email 11/22, Guide contact was 11/22
took me a bit with trade in stuff, and photos for Registration
VIN appeared in app 11/23
Guide notified me about transpo later on 11/23 "3-5 week lead time until it arrives at the service center"
Then Guide updated me that it had arrived at Service center on 11/28 citing "scheudeling team will reach out to you in the next 1-2 weeks,"
Next from Guide was "by the end of next week you should hear from our delivery team" THIS morning (12/1)
The email that it's ready for delivery came this afternoon at 5:23p (12/1)
Then a text from the Service center updating me the first available delivery day is Tuesday (12/6).

My window went from Jan-Dec 2023, to mid December (transpo) to contact from service center around the end of next week (Service center), to ready for TUESDAY pickup.

I think they are now putting out conservative estimates, and under promising. GET READY. :)

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
I've had a similar timeline, but started 11/14. I pickup the S tomorrow, fingers crossed. Moved faster than I expected once the ball is rolling.

Sponsored

Chinna

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, MACH-E4X
Occupation
Software developer
I just got my 8-step process and VIN. LG/BM/20s/no underbody R1S LE. Location Denver. WOW
What is last 4 digits for vin ? Today I got purchase process and Vin is *1577

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Do any of these early R1S deliveries have the underbody shield? Don't think I've seen any reports so far that do.

daves1

First Name
SD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 135si Manual, Subaru Outback, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Strategist
Got my 8-step on Nov. 30th. Completed all 7 steps. Financing, insurance, etc. Initiated Guide contact - who has been non-responsive. The Guide's "Schedule a call" calendly link doesn't work. Reached out to the Customer Service chat who promised to ping the Guide and ask him to "fix his calendly link" and call me to go over timing, production, questions, etc.

Hate to complain but not holding my breath for a delivery anytime s00n. Last four of VIN are 2613.

Chinna

First Name
Naren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, MACH-E4X
Occupation
Software developer