Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
1475 days... and they didn't mail me my wall charger either. I should ask cuz I'd love some lead time to have it installed. I had added the underbody shield in August and now the guide uses it as an "excuse" why I probably got delayed... yada yada...
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Festivus Miracle!!!!

After 1,340 days I finally received the "It’s time to begin your purchase and prepare for your R1S delivery."
Did you already receive the lighting and Grenadier????

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I hear ya...but don't stop counting until it's in your driveway! 1312 days here and still counting.
Waiting on my guide to say when to make full payment and schedule delivery. Been 2 weeks since 1st contact and completing up to step 6.
It's coming.....

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
Well, got an update (not the guide) from the Brooklyn SC today saying my S has arrived and going thru PDI...and asked me to schedule delivery. Appears the earliest is this Fri or Sat, but would be me picking it up at the SC. I set it up for Saturday afternoon (12/3) and will plan for the 2hr drive. Full payment was easy using ACH via Plaid. It will be 3 weeks from 1st contact. Excited, but I'll believe it once I see it.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Well, got an update (not the guide) from the Brooklyn SC today saying my S has arrived and going thru PDI...and asked me to schedule delivery. Appears the earliest is this Fri or Sat, but would be me picking it up at the SC. I set it up for Saturday afternoon (12/3) and will plan for the 2hr drive. Full payment was easy using ACH via Plaid. It will be 3 weeks from 1st contact. Excited, but I'll believe it once I see it.
JuiceBoxes will b happy!!!!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

rivianjr

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition - Launch Green
Occupation
Tech guy
Clubs

Received my LE R1S Launch Green at the Bellevue SC in time for a little winter snow action. Pre-order date was 11/16/20 so two years and two weeks. I was surprised to learn that the quote for receiving my cross-bars was "three weeks," ugh. I'm a skier and the lifts are turning so was hoping for those cross-bars sooner.

I'm wondering if it's
Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) JRs R1S
taken three weeks for other R1S owners to receive something so basic? They appear to be in stock at the Rivian shop...

Cheers,

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Received my LE R1S Launch Green at the Bellevue SC in time for a little winter snow action. Pre-order date was 11/16/20 so two years and two weeks. I was surprised to learn that the quote for receiving my cross-bars was "three weeks," ugh. I'm a skier and the lifts are turning so was hoping for those cross-bars sooner.

I'm wondering if it's
JRs R1S.jpeg
taken three weeks for other R1S owners to receive something so basic? They appear to be in stock at the Rivian shop...

Cheers,
I’d just be happy with the ride, many people waiting way longer than you for theirs.

Just curious, what was your estimated delivery window that they sent you?

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

I'm wondering if it's
JRs R1S.jpeg

Cheers,
I’d just be happy with the ride, many people waiting way longer than you for theirs.
Like 2 years, 11 months since order and still 6 to 7 months to go….maybe…

Sponsored

rivianjr

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
about.me
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition - Launch Green
Occupation
Tech guy
Clubs

Just curious, what was your estimated delivery window that they sent you?
Fair enough. My original window was August-September 22.

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Fair enough. My original window was August-September 22.
Congrats on your delivery! Certainly interesting how they have shuffled deliveries around. My pre-order was Aug 2019 with an original window of June-July 2022 (earlier than your original window as one might reasonably expect), pushed back to Oct-Dec 2022, most recently pushed back again to April-June 2023, and then I just changed my config this week so I'll find out hopefully in January what the penalty for that is going to be.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I'm wondering if it's
JRs R1S.jpeg

Cheers,
Congrats on your new S. Looks great!

I just received my crossbars a week after ordering them. It’s odd to take three weeks for an in-stock item. What do you mean about receiving a “quote” that included delivery estimate?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
"Rivian Wall Charger" en route... I assume this is a good sign?

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
"Rivian Wall Charger" en route... I assume this is a good sign?
It is! I took delivery of the vehicle about 3 weeks after receiving the wall charger. Cross bars arrived the week following delivery, and floor mats are supposed to arrive today.
Sponsored