Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

sam decker

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Ford Expedition
I stopped by the Bellevue (Seattle) SC yesterday afternoon hoping to see a new OC interior (in an R1T - it's not shipping yet for R1S) and the folks there said they are expecting to get a R1S fleet vehicle the first two weeks of October to demo to customers. They are taking that to mean that R1S production is ramping up successfully.
I was there yesterday, they said they had one in but RJ was in town and was using it...not sure when he would return the R1S to the center. They did have 3 other ones in the lot but of course I could not walk up to them.
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Oct-Dec eta. Guide intro on Monday 9/26. Vin 432 assigned 9/27. 8 Steps 9/27. Vehicle is in Normal finishing up and awaiting transport by train to the West Coast. Could be 6-8 weeks they say.
3/2019 reservation holder. Las Vegas. 10 miles from service center. R1S, LIMESTONE, BM, UNDERBODY, 20AT DARK, SPARE, CHARGER, CROSSRACKS.
I have the same config and took delivery this week. You’ll love the color.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Excited to see everyone posting about their deliveries and to see the R1S delivery forum page with the list growing.

BUT not gonna lie, seeing everyone take deliveries with pre-orders so much later than mine is tough to watch. The wait, now at 1,393 days and counting, coupled with Rivian's extremely poor communication and general lack of information absolutely sucks.

Really hope I am wrong, but with an Oct-Dec "window", I am guessing I will not take delivery until after Dec. 4, 2022, which will be more than four (4) years after deposit. So much for being early.
you even have BM interior! There should be nothing holding up your order. I’d predict an earlier arrival than December🤞🤞🤞

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
I have the same config and took delivery this week. You’ll love the color.
Love that you said that. I kept changing in between White and Limestone!! I hope that it comes sooner than 6-8 weeks. They said they are using rail now to save costs and damages in transit. We shall see.

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
I would reach out to your guide. I would think they could match you to a vehicle.

Sponsored

sc925

First Name
SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor
Hi all - finally have the time to be a little more vocal here. Guide assigned back in April, deliv window moved to oct-dec, but last week i was told by my guide that there is another batch of R1S' that got matched late last week and that he asked I be included in that batch. He followed that up by saying there were a number of S' that were not "exact matches" and that Rivian wanted to offer them to them first before opening it up to later deliv dates (my guess those with aug-sept windows).

I followed up this week to see if i made it in that batch, but no response yet...

I havent seen any black R1S' out in the wild, so im wondering if that's why I'm later down the line...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Excited to see everyone posting about their deliveries and to see the R1S delivery forum page with the list growing.

BUT not gonna lie, seeing everyone take deliveries with pre-orders so much later than mine is tough to watch. The wait, now at 1,393 days and counting, coupled with Rivian's extremely poor communication and general lack of information absolutely sucks.

Really hope I am wrong, but with an Oct-Dec "window", I am guessing I will not take delivery until after Dec. 4, 2022, which will be more than four (4) years after deposit. So much for being early.
I am on the same page as you! Happy and sad at the same time🤪

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
I thought the lack of underbody shield and the 22" dark wheels were the causes of the production delay for me. But we know that some R1S's have been delivered without an underbody shield now. I also saw my exact configuration, but with an underbody shield at my local support center. So as others have said all along - deliveries are the result of seemingly random, ad hoc selections that should be treated like winning the lottery.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I thought the lack of underbody shield and the 22" dark wheels were the causes of the production delay for me. But we know that some R1S's have been delivered without an underbody shield now. I also saw my exact configuration, but with an underbody shield at my local support center. So as others have said all along - deliveries are the result of seemingly random, ad hoc selections that should be treated like winning the lottery.
I think the ones with no shield that were delivered were the most recent. It did seem like all of the early ones had the shields on them.

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L

I hope you get yours sooner than that. Sooner they get LEs cleared, better chance of me getting my AE this year. 🤞

Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Checking back on this thread on this last day of September. I wonder how many Aug-Sept window R1S LE preorder holders are still waiting. Anxious for that "confirm your config" email, still no contact for me...

Cbarwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport Supercharged, Jaguar F-TypeR, AMG GT Conv
Excited to say that I finally got matched with an R1S. Heard from my guide earlier this week. He says to expect 3-4 weeks for deliver to Irvine, CA, then then have to prepare locally. Had a very tough time deciding if I wanted to pass on Black Mountain and wait for Ocean Coast. Chose to move forward with BM, I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time, BM should hold up better.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Excited to say that I finally got matched with an R1S. Heard from my guide earlier this week. He says to expect 3-4 weeks for deliver to Irvine, CA, then then have to prepare locally. Had a very tough time deciding if I wanted to pass on Black Mountain and wait for Ocean Coast. Chose to move forward with BM, I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time, BM should hold up better.
Did you get any insight on when they plan to start making FE or OC? With R1Ts in all interior colors, I’d think they could be making all R1S interiors now too…

Cbarwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport Supercharged, Jaguar F-TypeR, AMG GT Conv
Did you get any insight on when they plan to start making FE or OC? With R1Ts in all interior colors, I’d think they could be making all R1S interiors now too…
I did ask, nothing definitive, but he previously set expectations that it could take until January to get Ocean Coast. I suspect it won't be that long, now that we are seeing it on R1T's.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Im considering making it into my delivery window before the window gets moved as progress. Can't wait for the next steps though! Gonna have a hard time not bugging CS everyday in oct...
Sponsored