Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I had a May-June deliver for my R1S that got moved to Ocr-Dec..

For people in the same situation, any movement?

I still have no Guide assigned.
Sponsored

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
Nada...my expectations are silence until Oct as not to be disappointed again. And I might be disappointed again anyway :p

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Nada...my expectations are silence until Oct as not to be disappointed again. And I might be disappointed again anyway :p
same on both counts above

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

Ditto

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Ya, this is my first EV.

to pass the time I did a short-term subscription through Autonomy. Should have my vehicle next week. I can return it with 28 days advance notice after the 3-month min commit. Just in time for October. For now they only service CA.

hopefully this will make the time pass quicker.

Sponsored

M&M

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, BMW E39, and many more...
Occupation
CTO
Same here, crickets...

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
We wonā€™t hear anything until the Aug-Sept R1S deliveries have heard.

I am tentatively expecting the Aug/Sept R1S deliveries to be like the R1Tā€˜S ā€œJan/Febā€ deliveries this year. Those were delayed to March, but once they started, they went fast, and people with later dates began hearing very shortly thereafter. So that means probably November or later for us, but not too much later.

ETA: And maybe the September 30 quarter end means that the first R1S deliveries canā€™t slip as much as the first R1T deliveries did. Wishful thinkingā€¦

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I have Oct-Dec delivery, with Rivian's track record wasn't expecting before Mar 2023.

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Will keep my deposit, but could not wait any longer on Rivian non-delivery. Pulled the trigger on a 2022 Audi e-tron Quattro after checking out several other EVs (incl Taycan Cross Turismo) and hybrids. 3 1/2 years after my initial deposit I don't really need a third-row anymore, but will maintain my Rivian deposit to see if anything ever gets delivered.

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Come on....we need positive vibes in this thread!

Let's gooooo

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Still no guide but did not expect one in August.
I did get a Tesla from Autonomy, which I am not impressed with the build quality. Doors feel very light, door handle does not feel substantial. The only thing I like is the acceleration and not having to buy gas! I can see why Tesla's got so popular, but with more competition, I think we will start seeing their sales slowing down.

Good to start seeing R1S's at Rivian Service Centers. I would love to have my Rivian in September as I would rather drive that up to OR for a trip I am planning at the end of Sept (first weekend of Oct) instead of the Tesla....finding out that Tesla is charging much more at their super chargers for the Model 3....just another reason to add to a long list of why I will not buy a Tesla.

....just saying....

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Same. Love seeing them start to deliver to aug/sept deliveries. Holding out hope for a Dec delivery, anything sooner will be fantastic.

kosmo04

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco First Edition
Occupation
Marketing/Ecommerce
I received an email on the 16th that my configuration was ready to confirm, so when I went into it I realized I needed to change the color-but couldn't through the configurator anymore. The only option it gave me was to contact my guide-which I didn't realize I had at the time but was able to get ahold of him within 10 minutes via the number it provided which was direct to him. I changed the color with him, but also asked about delivery window timeframe and he still kept to my estimated timeframe for October-December, which I'm sure they have to and are trained to reply a certain way when asked this question. Here's where it gets interesting, once it was configured I've received two emails from Rivian in regards to "preparing for the digital purchasing process". I text my guide asking if there was a correlation between receiving that email and delivery timeframe and his reply was "it could be right around the corner, I don't see any details indicating it's coming soon but I also don't see any blockers."

I'm a 11/20 reservation, and my build is a LE with El Cap and Black Mountain, with underbody shields(which is a line change according to the guide, meaning when they build them in batches it's either all shields on that run or none at all built).

Last edited: