Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Oct-Dec eta. Guide intro on Monday 9/26. Vin 432 assigned 9/27. 8 Steps 9/27. Vehicle is in Normal finishing up and awaiting transport by train to the West Coast. Could be 6-8 weeks they say.
3/2019 reservation holder. Las Vegas. 10 miles from service center. R1S, LIMESTONE, BM, UNDERBODY, 20AT DARK, SPARE, CHARGER, CROSSRACKS.
I'd be like hopping on a plane and asking them if I can pick it up. Knowing if that was an option I couldn't bear to wait 6-8 weeks. Grant it I know they arent letting everyone do that - wouldn't hurt to ask.
Sponsored

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
I'd be like hopping on a plane and asking them if I can pick it up. Knowing if that was an option I couldn't bear to wait 6-8 weeks. Grant it I know they arent letting everyone do that - wouldn't hurt to ask.
Certainly have thought about it. 😂

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Excited to say that I finally got matched with an R1S. Heard from my guide earlier this week. He says to expect 3-4 weeks for deliver to Irvine, CA, then then have to prepare locally. Had a very tough time deciding if I wanted to pass on Black Mountain and wait for Ocean Coast. Chose to move forward with BM, I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time, BM should hold up better.
Congrats! I'm in south OC near you with a May 2019 pre-order, hoping to be in the same boat as you soon!

jackr1182

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Occupation
Self Employed
you even have BM interior! There should be nothing holding up your order. I’d predict an earlier arrival than December🤞🤞🤞
Is there an R1S configuration that anyone has heard of that will speed up delivery?

I’ve got el cap/BM/large pack/dark 22’s. Pre-order was may of 21

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
I guess maybe I complained to many times about their behavior on this whole price issue and then the no R1S build issue. I am an LE edition, an hour and a half from their office in San Jose with a preorder date of 2/3/2019. I may just have put myself at the back of the line. :(

Sponsored

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Is there an R1S configuration that anyone has heard of that will speed up delivery?

I’ve got el cap/BM/large pack/dark 22’s. Pre-order was may of 21
Just win the Rivian Lottery. Many from 2018 with your configuration not delivered. I know of one from 10/2020 reservation that just got your configuration. Most are 2018-2019 reservation holders right now.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

I guess maybe I complained to many times about their behavior on this whole price issue and then the no R1S build issue. I am an LE edition, an hour and a half from their office in San Jose with a preorder date of 2/3/2019. I may just have put myself at the back of the line. :(
It's those Lawson's I tell ya

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
THE WAIT IS OVER! All of my constant whining and countdown calendar paid off - JK.

VIN 730 and have completed 6 of 8 steps - will wait on payment until I get a delivery date estimate.

Also received the email from Tony indicating to expect a delivery date estimate in my account by end of October, but I am hoping now that I am unlocked that I get an update well before the end of Oct.

So mark it down, last day of September and my Oct.-Dec. window is now closed. Looks like I will get my R1S WAY before the 4-year deposit anniversary.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I finished my 8 steps today and have delivery scheduled for Monday. Given that the car was ready before the end of September, I'll give them credit for meeting their estimate even though I'm taking delivery in October. I didn't get the Tony email, which makes sense.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

Update in this thread as well - JUST got my confirm my config email at 12am - OCT 1st. How exact. I was never expecting that after all the let downs and shifting timelines. It seems they may have this machine oiled better now.

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Update in this thread as well - JUST got my confirm my config email at 12am - OCT 1st. How exact. I was never expecting that after all the let downs and shifting timelines. It seems they may have this machine oiled better now.
Will be interested to learn if Rivian actually is building R1S’s with OC interior, or will ask if you’re willing to switch back to BM to take delivery sooner.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Will be interested to learn if Rivian actually is building R1S’s with OC interior, or will ask if you’re willing to switch back to BM to take delivery sooner.
My question too. Johnny, please keep us posted on your conversations with your guide. Very interested to see if, in fact, OC delivery gets scheduled. Congrats on the guide contact!

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
THE WAIT IS OVER! All of my constant whining and countdown calendar paid off - JK.

VIN 730 and have completed 6 of 8 steps - will wait on payment until I get a delivery date estimate.

Also received the email from Tony indicating to expect a delivery date estimate in my account by end of October, but I am hoping now that I am unlocked that I get an update well before the end of Oct.

So mark it down, last day of September and my Oct.-Dec. window is now closed. Looks like I will get my R1S WAY before the 4-year deposit anniversary.
Congrats!!
I got my lock on Monday 9/26. Tuesday 9/27 got my Vin 432 and 7 steps done. They are saying approx 6 weeks for transport from factory on rail out west. Sat I got my charger. So who knows how long.

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Congrats!!
I got my lock on Monday 9/26. Tuesday 9/27 got my Vin 432 and 7 steps done. They are saying approx 6 weeks for transport from factory on rail out west. Sat I got my charger. So who knows how long.
Oh shit. I just realized we are the same config and the same reservation from 3/2019!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Congrats!!
Time to clean up the garage
Sponsored