Sponsored

R1S "Late 2023"...not that unrealistic?

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Conventional wisdom says Late 2023 for new reservations is unlikely, and although I don't disagree, it got me thinking.

I was looking at some R1T deliveries and it looks like they are starting to deliver 2021 (some Oct-Dec 2021) orders. Which means they'll likely be "catching up" so to speak with R1T orders at a bare minimum in the next 6 months. Now we all know they have one line pumping out T and S models but currently they're pumping out more Ts. It wouldn't surprise me if at that point they start shifting focus to pumping up more R1S models. Also I do expect the cancellation rate will slowly start ticking higher as time passes because more manufacturers are introducing more BEV options.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Few cancelations...people can still profit if they take delivery and sell

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I think it all depends on where you live. If you live close to an SC, the chances you get your vehicle earlier goes up quite a bit. If you live in a state where direct sales are not allowed, then you probably won’t be getting your vehicle for a long time.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It all depends on how well they manage to increase their production rate….and location, location, location.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I think it all depends on where you live. If you live close to an SC, the chances you get your vehicle earlier goes up quite a bit. If you live in a state where direct sales are not allowed, then you probably won’t be getting your vehicle for a long time.
SC, perhaps. Direct sales, false. Seattle is in a state that does not allow direct sales, yet has a Service Center across the water in Bellevue. A lot of early deliveries began here. Rivian sells you the vehicle in Illinois, then "ships" to you in your state.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

SC, perhaps. Direct sales, false. Seattle is in a state that does not allow direct sales, yet has a Service Center across the water in Bellevue. A lot of early deliveries began here. Rivian sells you the vehicle in Illinois, then "ships" to you in your state.
Sneaky Rivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs