First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Nice review with a stellar benchmark garage for reference!
Sponsored

OP
OP

carcrazydoc

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 991.2 GTS, 2018 E63s wagon, 2016 Cayenne GTS
Occupation
emergency physician
Nice writeup. E63S AM Wagon is best multi functional "swiss army car" ever! And the V8...OMG it's a beautiful sound coming from a WAGON (or any other car) Be sad to see it go but I'm really really looking forward to see what they've concocted with a plug in hybrid for 2024.
My wife absolutely loves her E63s wagon. We enjoy it very much but admit the ride can be a bit unforgiving which is a concern on our pothole marked streets of downtown Indy so my wife rarely drives it downtown. She however is clear that regardless what vehicles come and go the wagon is NOT open to discussion in regard to selling it - ever.:)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
My wife absolutely loves her E63s wagon. We enjoy it very much but admit the ride can be a bit unforgiving which is a concern on our pothole marked streets of downtown Indy so my wife rarely drives it downtown. She however is clear that regardless what vehicles come and go the wagon is NOT open to discussion in regard to selling it - ever.:)
Forget the Rivian 😄. The E63 wagon is a unicorn! The chance of me seeing one is rarer than seeing a Ferrari.

FD234

First Name
FD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I've had my R1S since Sept. I'm coming out of BMW M cars and Tesla M3P which i lowered with different springs. Fit and finish wise, I'm very very impressed with my vehicle. Gaps are not present. Paint, after paint correction, ceramic coating and PPF just shines. Got a great detailer and products (Shine products out of Ventura CA) and add a bit of Dawn and super soft towels and the vehicle just glistens. The ride is what surprised me the most. It is harsh and not as tight as I had hoped. Only experience was an extended drive of an R1T. Definitely had a better experience in the T. As one person mentioned, hopefully software updates will offer improvements over time. Usually the software updates are improvements and positive. This last one was a piece of shit. Lost range and that was a huge surprise. The hope is with software updates ( a super cool feature) that things improve and not go backwards. Performance is off the hook. A vehicle that heavy should not move that fast. To that end, would love to see the top speed increased to 130 mph. Most high end BEV's with a performance package top out around that mark in my experience.
In sum, for a launch edition vehicle, Rivian hit a home run. As time goes by, they will increase traction, market share and growth if they continue to improve on the product. Diversifying too fast and forgetting what got you there will be detrimental to their long term success. Look at how Tesla is doing it with Three vehicles. Lastly, either pay Elon up the a__ to gain access to supercharger network or start building those out faster than you currently are. Its one of Rivian's biggest weaknesses.
Any recommendations for PPF/detailer you would recommend in LA/Ventura county?

Sponsored

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’19 X5 40i, ’07 X5 4.8, ’98 M Roadster
Great read… last evening I was granted shop access for the T, however given the Ts price point now, I’m Sept 22 reservation holder, I’m strongly considering switching to the S. I had overlooked the fact the rear seats fold forward- the result is no place for a dog…

A couple ‘22/23 R1S locally 105k low miles too… even on 22 500 miles GW 119k

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Great read… last evening I was granted shop access for the T, however given the Ts price point now, I’m Sept 22 reservation holder, I’m strongly considering switching to the S. I had overlooked the fact the rear seats fold forward- the result is no place for a dog…

I personally prefer the R1S for dogs but the R1T can accommodate dogs, plenty of folks here doing that using hammacks, seat covers, seat extenders, harnesses, etc. There are tons of products available if you otherwise prefer R1T and a dog(s) are your only back seat passengers. I frequently have multiple dogs and multiple human passengers at the same time so the S offers more space for that (and I've never really been a pickup man as appealing as Joe Diffie makes that sound 😆 ).

Last edited:

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for feedback.
I’ve emailed my guide to possibly change over. I’ll keep my same reservation, I’m sure I won’t see shop access again for some time.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

R1S is great for the pups, we have 2 that are 63 and 75 pounds, plenty of room with just the third row folded. We had to fold at least half of the second row in our Jeep GC. Made a bed by cutting a 2 inch memory foam mattress topper to cover any gaps for safety and making a cover using a flannel sheet, pups are happy travelers with this setup.

If you clip a seatbelt extender one of the third row seats you can use the c pillar vents for the AC on warmer days, just make sure to take it Out once at your destination so the truck will sleep.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S - just one owner's thoughts at the 2 month mark 1440CB39-4AC6-4801-B946-D2188E449EC8

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for sharing - it looks like you're ready for the next adventure.

Sponsored

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S

We drove 1000 miles over last weekend with 3 adults, 3 dogs, and an embarrassing amount of luggage. "Carry on" sized rolling bags fit in the frunk with the longest axis fore/aft (wheels against the "firewall") and the second longest axis vertical.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S - just one owner's thoughts at the 2 month mark IMG_8523

Everybody had plenty of room, even with coolers, extra dog beds/toys, and a large inflatable SUP in a carry bag. The third dog you can't see because he rides on on wife's lap (a beagle mix).

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@JoeSchmoe

Thank you - You just cemented my choice!

Unfortunately, I'd prefer not to wait on a build, I'll focus on a private sale.

Yes, i forgot about the frunk space.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Although we've had the R1S for about 3 months it's the wife's everyday car and I drive our Prius downtown to work (I'm in a busy public garage, basically begging for a scratch or ding). We swapped for the first time yesterday and although I've driven it on the weekends it was a lot of fun for my work commute. The trip home was very light on traffic so I was doing 75 most of the way and barely felt it. We're both happy with the purchase.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Although we've had the R1S for about 3 months it's the wife's everyday car and I drive our Prius downtown to work (I'm in a busy public garage, basically begging for a scratch or ding). We swapped for the first time yesterday and although I've driven it on the weekends it was a lot of fun for my work commute. The trip home was very light on traffic so I was doing 75 most of the way and barely felt it. We're both happy with the purchase.
Time to order another one....

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Time to order another one....
The thought crossed my mind but I'd like to wait for something more than an incremental change. There are temptations out there. We had a Genesis a few years back and I loved it. The GV70 electric has some appeal. If the GV80 electric comes out next year that might do it.
Sponsored