Not open for further replies.

22R1S

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1S, 2021 Tesla Model 3, 2019 Kia Sorento
Removing this post as several people have pointed out it might not be the best place to list a vehicle for sale
Sponsored

Last edited:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
You can ask for whatever you want. Not going to get it though.

OP
OP

22R1S

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s just a starting point isn’t it? Ever sell a car before?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I would like some similar changes to my bank account.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
You make an account just to post your R1 for sale, ask way over market, then are surprised that you're catching shit for it? I mean it sucks about your wife needing surgery but you were bound to get hassled for your scalping attempt. You want to make 40K over what you paid for doing what exactly?

OP
OP

22R1S

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s far from a scalping attempt. Sure my starting ask might be near the top of the range but I’m not saying “take it or leave it” am I? I’m reasonable and know exactly where these tend to land. But trolls gonna troll I guess.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
My wife needs a pretty expensive surgery, any more jokes?
The "joke" wasn't directed at your wife or her situation. You are under no obligation to share the reason you are selling just like I'm under no obligation to believe you.

I'm not sure what kind of reception you expected when you posted this, but it's not like you have been around long. Several times per week we see people with 1-2 posts come here and try to sell vehicles they just got at higher than market prices. That is certainly your right to do that. But if you don't care for the added jokes and commentary maybe don't post it for sale on a discussion forum?

OP
OP

22R1S

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The "joke" wasn't directed at your wife or her situation. You are under no obligation to share the reason you are selling just like I'm under no obligation to believe you.

I'm not sure what kind of reception you expected when you posted this, but it's not like you have been around long. Several times per week we see people with 1-2 posts come here and try to sell vehicles they just got at higher than market prices. That is certainly your right to do that. But if you don't care for the added jokes and commentary maybe don't post it for sale on a discussion forum?
And you know what, that’s completely fair. I don’t need you to believe my reasoning but at the same time, I don’t get why people have an issue for those selling their trucks or SUVs at all. It’s theirs to do what they want with and I’d be keeping mine if I could. This is a place to list vehicles for sale and those of you still SHOCKED that these are going for a premium and constantly trying to make people feel bad for maximizing their situation is confusing to me.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
And you know what, that’s completely fair. I don’t need you to believe my reasoning but at the same time, I don’t get why people have an issue for those selling their trucks or SUVs at all. It’s theirs to do what they want with and I’d be keeping mine if I could. This is a place to list vehicles for sale and those of you still SHOCKED that these are going for a premium and constantly trying to make people feel bad for maximizing their situation is confusing to me.
And I believe I said you are free to do that very thing, didn't I? Honestly I have no problem with that at all. I do find it funny when the people doing so have no tolerance for comments in an internet forum that's made for discussion, joking around, etc. And if you had been around here for more than 5 minutes you probably would have known that. If you don't want to hear comments there are plenty of auction sites where you are free to attempt to get top dollar for your vehicle.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It’s far from a scalping attempt. Sure my starting ask might be near the top of the range but I’m not saying “take it or leave it” am I? I’m reasonable and know exactly where these tend to land. But trolls gonna troll I guess.
Turning a basically new vehicle for a massive profit is the literal definition of scalping.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

You're pricing higher than basically all recent sales. Yes, I understand it's meant to be a "starting price" for negotiation; but you are a brand new user, posted only a single image, and are antagonistic toward people pointing out your price is high.

Maybe go list it on Cars and Bids. The average price over the last month is $115k. (Interestingly, though, not a single one has had the 21" wheels.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
This is historically not a great place to sell a flipped Rivian - regardless of reasons.

You would be better off posting local listings in Los Angeles, Miami, San Fran etc. Places where non-enthusiast people will happily pay over to jump the line to get a new car. There's also the auction sites.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
My wife needs a pretty expensive surgery, any more jokes?
Sorry for your situation, but quite puzzled why you would post your R1S here and not on an internet car sales site? It just seems odd.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.