Sponsored

R1S First Mile Scheduled for Costa Mesa

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Just received an email from Rivian notifying me of First Mile drive availability for R1S at the Costa Mesa service center! Seems like lots of openings, but looks like will only be available for a few weeks. Jumped on a reservation for next Wednesday. I'm glad that it's in Costa Mesa, as I really didn't want to drive up to Venice again and who knows when Laguna Beach will open. I'm currently an Oct-Dec 23 delivery window, but hoping for a miracle pull-in when the dates are updated by end of month. For those in the So Cal area, look in your account and you'll see the reservation notification if it is available for you.
Sponsored

NMflyfish

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 Toyota T100, 15 Toyota Prius V, 18 Ram 2500C
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Just checked my account and the First Mile for R1S is also open in PHX - woohoo

Same Oct - Dec 2023 scheduled delivery date

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Not for me in Phoenix, but I think that's because my R1S preorder is slotted for a Hawaii delivery. Good to know, though. I'm guessing I can ask my Guide and get an invitation.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I was able to score an R1S First Mile in Phoenix for next week. Thanks for posting that they were available. I guess it helps having some contacts already being an R1T owner.

This will finally (and hopefully) help me stop obsessing over what to do with my 2nd preorder: R1T Dual Motor Max Pack or R1S.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Hmmmmmm, I already did a test drive for the T, but have since switched to the S.

I would really like to drive the S after what people have been saying about the handling.

I am super close to Costa Mesa. I wonder if my Guide can pull some strings and get me a “Second Mile”.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Hmmmmmm, I already did a test drive for the T, but have since switched to the S.

I would really like to drive the S after what people have been saying about the handling.

I am super close to Costa Mesa. I wonder if my Guide can pull some strings and get me a “Second Mile”.
Did you check your account ?

maxinfo

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
I did the R1S drive at Costa Mesa late last year and had to push it a few times. It only ever shows you a few weeks into the future.

NMflyfish

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 Toyota T100, 15 Toyota Prius V, 18 Ram 2500C
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I was able to score an R1S First Mile in Phoenix for next week. Thanks for posting that they were available. I guess it helps having some contacts already being an R1T owner.

This will finally (and hopefully) help me stop obsessing over what to do with my 2nd preorder: R1T Dual Motor Max Pack or R1S.
Let me know your thoughts in the R1S once you do the First Mile next week

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Just received an email from Rivian notifying me of First Mile drive availability for R1S at the Costa Mesa service center! Seems like lots of openings, but looks like will only be available for a few weeks. Jumped on a reservation for next Wednesday. I'm glad that it's in Costa Mesa, as I really didn't want to drive up to Venice again and who knows when Laguna Beach will open. I'm currently an Oct-Dec 23 delivery window, but hoping for a miracle pull-in when the dates are updated by end of month. For those in the So Cal area, look in your account and you'll see the reservation notification if it is available for you.
I got this email earlier this week:

Please join us for your chance to see and experience the R1T and R1S in person. RSVP to schedule a demo drive for either an R1T or R1S, based on appointment availability. Plus, meet our team, ask loads of questions and connect with other members of the Rivian community. We can’t wait to meet you!

When:
Saturday, Jan 28th, 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday & Sunday, Feb 4th- 5th, 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday & Sunday, Feb 11th-12th, 9 AM - 5 PM

32701 Alipaz St.
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

RSVP to attend the event and schedule a demo drive.

My account doesn't show any First Drive option so I'm thinking that this is just a marketing push rather than providing a first drive to preorder holder.

The confirmation states that the drive is for 30min with 1 hour span for Q&A and static viewing.
Sponsored