Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I love this page.

“We need R1S content!!! We need it now!”
“We need to see the interior, how the seats fold down.”
“We need to know where the button is!”

Attractive, female, youtube influencer posts video showing all of those things.

“We need someone else to show us all of those things!!!!”
Seriously. Half of this thread has been about why or why not these influences got first dibs. Who cares! People have been drooling for any scrap of info on the R1S and as soon as we get it, it’s just b**** and moan about the influencers.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
To be fair I don't mind her at all but I think she should get the facts right if given such the chance at least. She only mispoke 1/2 times
Most people aren’t as obsessed with the Rivian as people on this forum. I read the owners manual cover to cover. I doubt most Rivian employees would do that. Surprised they didn’t get more wrong.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Its like the videos were done to specificaly not show anything about the second and third row usability. Who « reviews » a three row SUV without showing access and legroom??

I agree with others above, this is pretty much just an advertisement.
There is a shorter third video showing the third row seat. I think they each covered it to some extent in their two videos and then the third one gave more info.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
There is a shorter third video showing the third row seat. I think they each covered it to some extent in their two videos and then the third one gave more info.
Yes, thank you, another member linked it after. Not perfect, but still better, agreed.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Pretty sure that’s in the manual. Pretty clear there that it’s automatic open/close.
There was NO mention that it could be closed via button only app, fob, in vehicle screen.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
1653516271820.png

Wow 5'3" women make that rear cargo area look tiny?
Well, as much as I'd love to have a few 5'3" women in the back of my R1S, it's pretty much just going to be my dogs and they'll be fine.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I wonder if this space is the option if you don't get the spare or spare is under it. Is there a ban by Rivian on showing the spare?
It looks like a good spot for max pack storage to me…

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I guess they were going for the female perspective which I respect but at least get info right. On the positive note a lot of great shots of the rear storage etc.
Considering how last year a female ex-exec was sharing her concerns about the frat boy culture of the company, I think it is a calculated move to try and meet the desires of the femiale perspective.
As mentioned in stream, the decision to utilizewomen with a platform iJustine to reach a newer/ more diverse audience suggests a degree of "trying to be more inclusive" than say Joe "Have you done DMT" Rogan talking about it on his podcast.

Even if Rivian felt it was unfounded/ unfair, it shows a degree of measured inclusion that will be signifcant to the "lifestyle" community they are trying to sell to.

But let's be real, we have forum members with in Newport with a G Wagon, Raptor, 392 Wrangler and an R1T in hand calling for RJ's head.

So maybe we need more country club/ yacht men reviewers

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
It looks like a good spot for max pack storage to me…
Possible but maybe too close to rear bumper for accidents. May throw weight balance off too.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Possible but maybe too close to rear bumper for accidents. May throw weight balance off too.
Wishful thinking, knew it couldn’t be that easy but your right, rear collision could be a problem.

Reactions: Max

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Finally! I would like to see various car seat configurations (infant/toddler/booster) in all seats.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I wonder, if you order the reduced-size spare tire, does it ship without the bin? I'd like to have both (knowing they can't both be installed at the same time).
Tire on roof

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
If they are really 5'3 then this is Q5 moreso than Yukon on the inside. Have they released the floor to ceiling height?

I hope they made 10 more YouTube shorts showing the seats. And different stuff in back. I need to te-watch, how close was that rolling luggage to the ceiling?

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Ok, let's say the roll on luggage is about 22-23 inches wide, it looks like perhaps there is another foot of headroom above that, so for to ceiling around 32-35 inches estimated. My minivan is 37 inches. I'm guessing it's likely near the lower range, so a good 5 inches less
Sponsored