Sponsored

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Its like the videos were done to specificaly not show anything about the second and third row usability. Who « reviews » a three row SUV without showing access and legroom??

I agree with others above, this is pretty much just an advertisement.

Edit: I saw the third video, thanks to those who linked it. Still little to nothing on access, but at least some size references.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pmp6

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Cayman GTS, 2015 Forester, 2017 Sprinter
It is from a copy of manual I have. It looks like it is under it.

1653504119700.png

Edit: However space wise I have to see it to believe it. Very curious about the size of total space available under the floor.
I think you are misunderstanding that photo. There is a storage bin that comes out and you can put the tire there instead.

pmp6

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Cayman GTS, 2015 Forester, 2017 Sprinter
I think you are misunderstanding that photo. There is a storage bin that comes out and you can put the tire there instead.
Note the entire text. I think it’s saying you can procure a spare tire. If you do, remove the cargo tray to then store the tire (rather than, remove the cargo tray and you will find the tire underneath)

Last edited:
Reactions: Max

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I wonder, if you order the reduced-size spare tire, does it ship without the bin? I'd like to have both (knowing they can't both be installed at the same time).

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Thanks that’s helpful. If you could help some more- I’ve been out of B school for a while and I’m wondering if anyone compiles hard data on influencers and their ability to translate to purchases like an auto? I’m not knocking these reviewers- they are very watchable and entertaining while informative…but I’m certain if/when my R1S arrives I’ll sell a dozen to the raisins in my community just by parking it in front of the post office for a few hours. Can these women top that hit rate?
by a factor of 20-100x

Sponsored

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
I wonder, if you order the reduced-size spare tire, does it ship without the bin? I'd like to have both (knowing they can't both be installed at the same time).
Someone with a guide needs to ask that and get a non answer from them :)

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
I understand you saying no money changed hands. But what are the rules about offering them incentive pricing? IE Justine said she hadn’t placed an order before the video but did after. Would it be breaking rules to give her pre March pricing as an incentive for the video?

Just hoping to correct a little bit. No money exchanged hands here. I’m also a YouTuber (though a smaller one than Justine) and not only are we held to extremely strict standards by the platform itself, but also federal law (16 CFR 255). The FTC requires disclosure of any transference of funds between creator/advertiser with on screen text and an audible call-out. I’ve known Justine for years and she’s one of the most talented creators on the platform with overwhelming integrity. Take a recent sponsored video she did about a cat litter box. Not only did she meet the FTC’s disclosure requirements, but she went beyond that by disclosing it in the description text as well as the video player itself.

I can guarantee no money swapped hands here. She was certainly enticed by the viewership that would come from an exclusive first-look video, but (and I know this sounds crazy!) influencers are people too and just being able to drive a cool new car that’s not on the road yet (a car her sister has on order) for a week is incentive enough.

Edit: while final cut approval is often given to brands that are paying up, I’ve never heard of a reasonably popular tech creator (not just iJustine or MKBHD—but even myself) giving final edit approval (or even pre-publishing access) on a video where money didn’t change hands. It’s my guess Rivian is seeing this at the same time we are. And if you really believe Rivian went through this before publishing, you’d better believe they’d have requested edits for the few details that were incorrect but still went live.

Reactions: Guy

Snazzy Labs

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber
I understand you saying no money changed hands. But what are the rules about offering them incentive pricing? IE Justine said she hadn’t placed an order before the video but did after. Would it be breaking rules to give her pre March pricing as an incentive for the video?
Right from the FTC's plain-language reference guide for influencers.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S first look videos from Yosemite [shows space available with seats folded, connections, & storage] Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 2.22.11 PM

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Didn't she just say 316, which is correct on the R1S?
English is my second language and I certainly could be wrong but to my ear it definitely sounds like 360. Min: 5:18

Reactions: Guy

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
More likely max pack was the space occupied by the third row seat cushion on the five seater. Unless there was a 7 seater max pack that I don't recall.
The sad reality is, there's never actually been a max-pack R1S, just a vague description of one coming in the future.

My plan has been to get a large-pack R1T and a max-pack R1S for a while now, since the R1S is way more practical for the kind of long-distance trips we take. But now I'm not 100% sure what I'll do.

I really hope they still roll out a max-pack R1S option at some point. Getting 400 miles in that vehicle would be fantastic for traveling.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I just noticed how thick this is. Anyone thinks other than the small speaker and sub-woofer, there may be other reasons? I think Explore guys may not even get the sub-woofer so will that all wasted space be for nothing? or there is another reason?

Rivian R1T R1S R1S first look videos from Yosemite [shows space available with seats folded, connections, & storage] 1653511781690

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I have to say she's way more fun to look at than then say the TFL guys. ;)

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I just noticed how thick this is. Anyone thinks other than the small speaker and sub-woofer, there may be other reasons? I think Explore guys may not even get the sub-woofer so will that all wasted space be for nothing? or there is another reason?
Crash safety. Ever notice how every generation car gets several inches larger in every direction but the inside stays roughly the same?

This thing is much smaller on the inside than it appears to be from the outside. Just compare the interior specs to other 3-row SUVs. The interior volume is equal to things like the Land Rover Discovery and Volvo XC90 while being a much larger vehicle.

Reactions: Max