Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Yea, definitely not the most reliable source of info but I did find it interesting that they chose to mention "early summer" and not just s0000n. So there are clearly plans to have something up and running by then. Whether they are able to deliver on that is an entirely different matter. They should ideally be scheduling demo drives right now for the earliest planned R1S deliveries in August.
No. It's just a CS way to keep you hooked.

My guide has flat out told me I won't be getting an R1S demo drive before my delivery and that tracks much more accurately with everything else we know.

I expect they'll stick with R1Ts drives, which honestly is fine. There just isn't that big of difference between the two.
Sponsored

eSUV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S; and 2019 Jeep Trackhawk
There is that favorite Rivian word again s👀n…

🤣🤣🤣

it’s already early summer!!!

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I expect they'll stick with R1Ts drives, which honestly is fine. There just isn't that big of difference between the two.
I'm totally okay with that too. For me what definitely has to happen in an R1S is physically sitting in and exploring the inside of one. If they just send the Bellevue SC an R1S I'm sure I can make this happen for myself because the staff there is amazing and already let me check out their demo R1T this way.

For everything else (test drives, viewing interior and exterior color option combinations) I don't mind if it happens in the T or S.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

My guide has flat out told me I won't be getting an R1S demo drive before my delivery and that tracks much more accurately with everything else we know.

I believe the R1S is 16 inches shorter than the R1T - I suspect that's going to make a pretty big difference.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

That would be fine if we could even get an R1T demo drive.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Are there any reports of anyone canceling their order after test driving????

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Blah, blah blah,blah, blah. and I’m selling oceanfront property in Tucson.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Happy to discuss

Sponsored

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Your delivery window is Aug to Sept. 2022 on a 2020 pre-order date??
I have an LE reservation and still haven't even received an update on my new order window so I don't believe this either.
Your guesses are as good as mine as to why things are this way … I think location has some role to play, as does BM vs. FE.

BPL

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30 325i, E90 328i, XC90
Your guesses are as good as mine as to why things are this way … I think location has some role to play, as does BM vs. FE.
Crazy, I'm a Nov. 27 2018 pre order holder and my delivery window is Oct to Dec 2022.
Sponsored