Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

We can hope that the delivery date estimator is interactive to that level of detail in real time, but I'm not holding my breath. Have they said that it will be interactive, or is it a date that they will update periodically?
There was another post where CS told the reservation holder that the site would not be interactive. It sounded like estimates would be updated in batches (assuming they run their forecasts at set intervals)
Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
We can hope that the delivery date estimator is interactive to that level of detail in real time, but I'm not holding my breath. Have they said that it will be interactive, or is it a date that they will update periodically?
Whoops. Sorry. I donā€™t want to be the disseminator of fake news! It is a hope that the estimator is interactive.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

You guys have incredibly high expectations for the estimator.

My guess is that it will have a timeframe (probably the same as the original notification email to start). The timeframe will probably get updated as production ramp up improves and they have more confidence and/or less uncertainties.

To think that how options changes the timing, I believe, is unrealistic.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
At the minimum, it would have to update periodically. Interactive may be a good tool to figure out the underlying formula they use but as others will change their configuration and production issues creep in, they will have to change your estimate.

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
There is a similar customer-facing special order update system with Polaris (powersports manufacturer). It gives the same information to the customer that the dealer has, which in most cases isn't a lot. Their system will give an estimated date range of 4-6 weeks, generally even if the delivery window is 6 months away. As the delivery gets closer, this range will narrow to 3 weeks, then a week, then a hard ship date.

I don't know that Rivian's system would work similarly, but Polaris' system seems logical and, while still imperfect, offers the end user some level of first-hand info.

I haven't heard a delivery window for my R1T explore build, but given most others are 2023-ish, I don't expect to hear much of anything for quite some time.

Sponsored

Cbarwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport Supercharged, Jaguar F-TypeR, AMG GT Conv
Are these changing or new notifications going out? Curious as Iā€™m still debating flipping my R1T LE reservation to an R1S.
I at one point had a reservation for both an R1S and an R1T. I ended up canceling the later order which was for an R1T. When thinking about changing my R1S to an R1T, I was told that by switching my reservation, I would not lose my place in line. I then decided to stay with an R1S, and am anxiously awaiting delivery :cool:

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Week, itā€™s February 1st, and hasnā€™t been much if any news/updates on the R1S. Wonder if delivery windows will start to slip. ā˜¹
Sponsored