AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Nice! Did you take this photo? If so, does it look orange at all in person?
I’ve seen a few (Ts) in this color. It looks like a dark burnt orange. If you can recall the BMW 1M orange, this is a few shades darker. My wife also thought it was more orange than red.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Same here.. I assume its because I have OC interior. At least thats what I tell myself....
Ditto. OC interior, estimated delivery 1st quarter of 2023... : (

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Ditto. OC interior, estimated delivery 1st quarter of 2023... : (
At least you got a more precise delivery date than the rest of us with first half of 2023.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Am I the only one whose guide doesn’t reply to emails? I’ve had a guide for ~3 months now. In that 3 months I’ve emailed 3 times. Only the first email at the very beginning ever received a reply. My guide appears not to be interested in responding to questions.

My latest (3rd) email was to ask if a change from Ocean Coast to Black Mountain would have any impact on delivery as was originally announced. It’s been 6 days… no response.

I’m at the point where I would consider Black Mountain if it meant a 2022 delivery vs 2023.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Am I the only one whose guide doesn’t reply to emails? I’ve had a guide for ~3 months now. In that 3 months I’ve emailed 3 times. Only the first email at the very beginning ever received a reply. My guide appears not to be interested in responding to questions.

My latest (3rd) email was to ask if a change from Ocean Coast to Black Mountain would have any impact on delivery as was originally announced. It’s been 6 days… no response.

I’m at the point where I would consider Black Mountain if it meant a 2022 delivery vs 2023.
I never email/text my guide so I’m of not help here but, I do wonder if they avoid emails with such questions as they could be held to their answer.

OC is in the works and not ready at all. It’s to the point where I wonder if it’ll ever be. BM means you could get a vehicle at some point (although I’m guessing it’d depend on your preorder date, etc).

It seems like a lot of people want their Rivian right away. I wonder if it’s a need or just FOMO.

Burguiz

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Jul-Sep delivery window
Occupation
CEO - https://voltsafe.com
I just received my R1S delivery update.

"Your Launch Edition package R1S estimated delivery window is the first half of 2023"

Big Ouch!

Edit: My original delivery window was July-September 2022
Me too (my reserve date was Oct.2020). Looks like they are staying away from areas where they don't have their supportive infrastructure completed.

Dlfarruggio

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche macan s
Occupation
Realtor
Yep, same email ; new window first half of 2023. Won't cancel but likely will need to get something else by then. These delays are simply going to mean that some of us will end up buying and flipping to pay for the stock losses and this ongoing saga
I got no letter! I ordered early 2021 so am I 2024???

Sponsored

Thisisjakea

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Yeah I got that same email for my R1S (Jan 2021), definitely bummed but I know they’re doing all they can to get these out to customers and I’m still excited to get mine when it’s my turn.

That being said, when I got the email I impulse bought a used Model 3 because my 15mpg 4Runner is just too much with LA gas prices (almost $7!). Now I’ve got a super fun interim car to wait this out at least

OP
OP

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

At least you got an email. No email for me and customer service keeps saying sometime in 2023… :(
When did you reserve? My Big Gulps are about it being the wrong vehicle lol.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

I go straight to chat with guide…give that a try…

Cogentfire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
When did you reserve? My Big Gulps are about it being the wrong vehicle lol.
Jan 14, 2022 was my R1T and a few days later for my R1S. I’m guessing it’s because I’m in Albuquerque and no where near an SC. Plus, they need to get the <2021 delivered first.