Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I'm assuming I'm not the first, but I just changed my Launch Edition R1S with a 1H 2023 delivery window to a R1T Launch Edition. According to the site you can switch back and forth without losing your place in line. I'll see if I get an updated delivery window or get invited to the shop over the next month or two. If no progress then I'll probably switch back to the R1S.
Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

My guide too just replied to me with the same that my file says “no updated window” and that by end of summer they should have next round of updates. My worry is that if they are giving 1st half 2023 updates out in the first round, does that mean 2nd half 2023 or later in the second round? I’m a 2018 preorder in an established service center area so I’m assuming it’s all about my OC interior choice.
I would say it’s not about OC.
It has to be just a randomized way of selecting people.
I have OC and 4/19 preorder and got first half of 2023 (moved from Jul-Sept 22).

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
I would say it’s not about OC.
It has to be just a randomized way of selecting people.
I have OC and 4/19 preorder and got first half of 2023 (moved from Jul-Sept 22).
Dang and you don’t have LE either. They must be throwing darts at a board of preorder names! 🤣
A small part of me is hoping that they are spending time fine tuning my delivery date for this year instead of just pushing it out to a 6 month window next year. It’s just a theory manifested from wishful thoughts. 🤷🏻

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
They are either breaking even or losing money on the R1S pre-order so they are pushing to all the pre-order out so they can get back on track with their profitability.
I wondered if it would make make more sense for them to simply take back their promise to honor original pre 3/1 pricing. It’s not like they’d be destroying their hard won reputation for truth telling and fair dealing…

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Dang and you don’t have LE either. They must be throwing darts at a board of preorder names! 🤣
A small part of me is hoping that they are spending time fine tuning my delivery date for this year instead of just pushing it out to a 6 month window next year. It’s just a theory manifested from wishful thoughts. 🤷🏻
Yah. Holding out hope that my near delivery ends up at the front of the line. If it is or isn’t, Rivian isn’t saying…

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

That’s the spirit!!
Regarding LE, I had a moment and thought that you had to have LG which is a bit too military for my taste (albeit lovely) once my brain started working again it was too late.

Ace141

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X7
No new email for me. Aug-Sept window. We'll see. Nov 2018 pre-order.

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

Pretty weak. I got the same email. considering I reserrved mine Dec 1st 2018 at the LA Auto show. didn't change my config Forest green/Ocean Coast. Adventure pk.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
I am getting delivery of the our R1T (ordered 11/2021), just started the purchase process today. I will say that the delivery window was to be November/December of this year. It is frustrating that this 2021 order is available long before my R1S (ordered 12/2018). Nonetheless, my husband is delighted to have his truck. Perhaps, my R1S will be delivered earlier too?!?!? (Not 1Q/2Q of 2023)
Sponsored