Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Delivery Day!

Launch Edition, Launch Green, Black Mountain on 22s
VIN in the high 700s.

Excitement level 11

The night before delivery, my Rivian app changed - showing some ways to prepare for actual delivery. How to put it in gear, etc.

Morning of, I got a text from Michael at the Austin SC, letting me know she was staged and ready for delivery. In on the joke, his last text was " [ S==0==0==N ] " which I whole heartedly appreciated.

R1S was sitting up front, ready for photo ops, charged up to 85% and looking HAWT.

We were greeted with a smile, signed a few docs, and were handed 5 keys: Carabiner, Fob, 2 cards and a wristband!

Then we did our walk around. I got to sit in a Rivian for the first time.

I've seen all the videos there are, but I was still a tiny bit taken aback by how Spartan the interior is. That's not a bad thing, I quite like that the focus really does become the screens, the driving and the amazing set of roof glass windows. Really stunning. Seriously.

I will admit here: As someone who overanalyzed and researches decisions; it was unnerving to buy a vehicle without having driven or experienced the actual drive. All concerns allayed though. What a machine!!

Michael did a great walkthrough and teaching session - I almost just said no thanks, as I've been looking and watching every video posted about delivery and reviews. But I ended up having him go with me on setup and a drive since it is my first EV.

Handling/Driving
It handles very much like my Range Rover Sport did - which was a pleasant feeling. That car was a 6500lb SUV too, but drove like it was on rails. And while I do miss the Supercharged v8 grumble, the Rivian pushed me back further in my seat and put a huge smile on my face. As s00n as I got back to the office, I took a few guys out with me and did a proper launch - which got my heart fluttering and giggles from 3 other grown men. The way the SUV lurches and throws the front end up and kicks you back was just unreal. It really is something to experience and words don't do it justice.

From a readiness / Delivery standpoint:
1) They were very transparent - there was a small scratch on the driver inside door handle - which they already had a service ticket in place and are planning to replace. And if they hadn't mentioned it, probably would have taken me a while to notice.

2) I found a weird bulge at the top of the liftgate, which looks like some bolts were just tightened too far. Michael told me it was a good opportunity to show me how to open tickets with the app - so we did right there. Again here - impressions are the Austin SC guys are on point.

3) The Air compressor housing was a bit loose in the side wall - so I opened a ticket for that. Just sits out a bit and I want to have it buttoned up.

As a side note since others have mentioned - The air compressor hose fit just fine on the connector, and I DO have a 12v connector in the frunk.

All panel gaps look pretty good to me.
Paint looked great - though I'm admittedly not one who will look for orange peel or gets mad when my truck is dirty. Already gotten more compliments on the color than I can count.

Matter of fact, before I even walked into the office, the guys next door who were all standing around an Absolutely Stunning 69 Black SS Camaro, came over and I gave my first show and tell - Like a proud father :D

Got used to 1 pedal driving by the time I was back at my office. I hardly ever use cruise control and always prefer to nuance the throttle myself, so it was actually quite intuitive . I was still pleasantly surprised and hope to only get better granular control with time. Just gives me another reason to drive around ;)

Feeling pretty giddy. I wanted to get this up and posted to the community I've learned a good bit from and helped me make some decisions as well, as a thank you and a way to share another perspective and experience. If you don't have yours yet, I sincerely hope it comes S=0=0=N !

🤘 Oh, and first song played: "Today", by the Smashing Pumpkins. 🤘

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery Day @ Austin SC. Excitement Level 11 IMG_3583

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery Day @ Austin SC. Excitement Level 11 IMG_3582

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery Day @ Austin SC. Excitement Level 11 IMG_3594

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery Day @ Austin SC. Excitement Level 11 IMG_3598
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Delivery Day!

Launch Edition, Launch Green, Black Mountain on 22s
VIN in the high 700s.

Excitement level 11

The night before delivery, my Rivian app changed - showing some ways to prepare for actual delivery. How to put it in gear, etc.

Morning of, I got a text from Michael at the Austin SC, letting me know she was staged and ready for delivery. In on the joke, his last text was " [ S==0==0==N ] " which I whole heartedly appreciated.

R1S was sitting up front, ready for photo ops, charged up to 85% and looking HAWT.

We were greeted with a smile, signed a few docs, and were handed 5 keys: Carabiner, Fob, 2 cards and a wristband!

Then we did our walk around. I got to sit in a Rivian for the first time.

I've seen all the videos there are, but I was still a tiny bit taken aback by how Spartan the interior is. That's not a bad thing, I quite like that the focus really does become the screens, the driving and the amazing set of roof glass windows. Really stunning. Seriously.

I will admit here: As someone who overanalyzed and researches decisions; it was unnerving to buy a vehicle without having driven or experienced the actual drive. All concerns allayed though. What a machine!!

Michael did a great walkthrough and teaching session - I almost just said no thanks, as I've been looking and watching every video posted about delivery and reviews. But I ended up having him go with me on setup and a drive since it is my first EV.

Handling/Driving
It handles very much like my Range Rover Sport did - which was a pleasant feeling. That car was a 6500lb SUV too, but drove like it was on rails. And while I do miss the Supercharged v8 grumble, the Rivian pushed me back further in my seat and put a huge smile on my face. As s00n as I got back to the office, I took a few guys out with me and did a proper launch - which got my heart fluttering and giggles from 3 other grown men. The way the SUV lurches and throws the front end up and kicks you back was just unreal. It really is something to experience and words don't do it justice.

From a readiness / Delivery standpoint:
1) They were very transparent - there was a small scratch on the driver inside door handle - which they already had a service ticket in place and are planning to replace. And if they hadn't mentioned it, probably would have taken me a while to notice.

2) I found a weird bulge at the top of the liftgate, which looks like some bolts were just tightened too far. Michael told me it was a good opportunity to show me how to open tickets with the app - so we did right there. Again here - impressions are the Austin SC guys are on point.

3) The Air compressor housing was a bit loose in the side wall - so I opened a ticket for that. Just sits out a bit and I want to have it buttoned up.

As a side note since others have mentioned - The air compressor hose fit just fine on the connector, and I DO have a 12v connector in the frunk.

All panel gaps look pretty good to me.
Paint looked great - though I'm admittedly not one who will look for orange peel or gets mad when my truck is dirty. Already gotten more compliments on the color than I can count.

Matter of fact, before I even walked into the office, the guys next door who were all standing around an Absolutely Stunning 69 Black SS Camaro, came over and I gave my first show and tell - Like a proud father :D

Got used to 1 pedal driving by the time I was back at my office. I hardly ever use cruise control and always prefer to nuance the throttle myself, so it was actually quite intuitive . I was still pleasantly surprised and hope to only get better granular control with time. Just gives me another reason to drive around ;)

Feeling pretty giddy. I wanted to get this up and posted to the community I've learned a good bit from and helped me make some decisions as well, as a thank you and a way to share another perspective and experience. If you don't have yours yet, I sincerely hope it comes S=0=0=N !

🤘 Oh, and first song played: "Today", by the Smashing Pumpkins. 🤘

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg
Great experience it sounds like

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

5 keys???

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

U got 2 carabiner key fobs, 2 key cards and wrist band?

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Ah, clarification - only 1 key fob delivered. Can purchase additional.

The 5th key was phone as a key - sorry for the confusion.

Of note as others have mentioned, cargo area sliding cargo hooks - only received 2. Michael said that’s all he’s seen with each delivery here. so that might be the new standard.

Sponsored

dordav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Congrats! I got my R1T from Michael this past Friday, and it was a great experience. The Austin SC looks terrific.

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Fantastic! Launch green looks so good. Where in Austin is the service center?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
For the love of Pete, what is going on with your profile pic? I knew Austin was weird and all…(btw congrats on your new Rivian).

Sponsored

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Fantastic! Launch green looks so good. Where in Austin is the service center?
Corner of North Lamar and 183, behind the Kim Phung.

622 Morrow Street.

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
Congrats on the R1S. Was at service shop monday getting my front windshield replaced and saw the SUV. Very nice. The service center folks are great at Austin btw. My truck was picked up in Houston (austin wasn’t open yet) and thought folks there were great. Was good to see the service level was consistent between both houston and Austin sc.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Congratulations on your new R1S. It looks great and as you say, acceleration is a lot of fun, especially when you take out folks who are not expecting to have their necks snapped back.

On the Meridien sound system, how is it in the R1S? I love it in the R1T and would be curious if it sounds as great in the R1S given the extra open space. I believe R1S has more speakers to account for the third row space. Have a white R1S on order, but not expecting it until late in 2023.
Sponsored