Sponsored

R1S Delivery Begins in August (Per Rivian Customer Service Today)

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
It baffles me how Rivian's production numbers and schedules are speculated/guessed and attempted to be rationalized by different outsiders with incredible data sources. Preorder holders need to view these numbers as entertainment only, and hopefully will not base financial or lifestyle decisions on any numbers or timing that I've seen here.
So what information should folks be basing their “financial and lifestyle decisions” on? Or should they simply not make any?
Sponsored

WheeledLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Juiced HyperScorpion
Occupation
Thinker
So what information should folks be basing their “financial and lifestyle decisions” on? Or should they simply not make any?
Let's see...many folks I know make decisions based on info from BestGuess.com or Conjecture.com unless they have other sources that they can verify are accountable for accuracy.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Let's see...many folks I know make decisions based on info from BestGuess.com or Conjecture.com unless they have other sources that they can verify are accountable for accuracy.
I prefer to take in ALL available information and opinions, apply my own logic and analysis on top of that and arrive at the “most likely” correct prediction. To each his own.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I talked a bit about this with my guide. I'll just say they have a plan and close proximity to a Rivian service center isn't a requirement for delivery. That being said I'm guessing there will be a period of time at the start of deliveries where they want vehicles near service centers to be able to quickly address any early issues discovered and make production adjustments as needed.
I guess I’m a little confused. Previously when early reservation holders were getting jumped in line for guide contacts the excuse was they were not in close proximity to a completed service center. And they were ridiculed for expecting delivery without having a service center close. Now service center proximity doesn’t mater?

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I guess I’m a little confused. Previously when early reservation holders were getting jumped in line for guide contacts the excuse was they were not in close proximity to a completed service center. And they were ridiculed for expecting delivery without having a service center close. Now service center proximity doesn’t mater?
I didn't say it didn't matter; just that close proximity to a Rivian service center won't be a requirement for delivery (at some point but initially it appears to be and likely for the reason I mentioned). Strategically it probably is a requirement for areas dense with customers, but not for delivery and service coverage for far out places which was the context of our discussion.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen them contact people in reservation order and provide what info they could in regard to delivery timing and an explanation of what factors are driving it, but that level of transparency has not been the case.
Sponsored