Sponsored

R1S deliveries at/from Costa Mesa (CA) Service Center?

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Hi all. My R1S VIN was assigned on Oct. 20, and I'm (not so) patiently waiting for news of the vehicle's arrival at the Costa Mesa SC, where I'm told it will undergo pre-delivery inspection (PDI) before (hopefully) being cleared for delivery. If you've taken, or will soon be taking, R1S delivery at/from the Costa Mesa SC, I'd be interested to know:
  • How long did it take your vehicle to get from the factory to the SC?
  • Following vehicle's arrival at the SC, how long until you took delivery?
  • Did delivery get delayed because of any issues identified during PDI? What were the issues? How long was the delay?
  • Had any problems with the vehicle since taking delivery?
Thanks!
Sponsored

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

My truck went through Costa Mesa. I had a home delivery. However, not to get your hopes up, when they told me the truck was still ”in transit” it was already at the service center being prepped to be driven to my home. I’m not sure how they have refined their process since considering this was a very early delivery, but I’m sure you are much closer than you think! Congratulations.

Jrettinger

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air DE
Costa Mesa delivery is amazing. Mine was very quick from inspection to dleivery. Ask for Josh to do your delivery, he is GREAT!

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
I received my S in Sept. I originally stipulated at home delivery. vs picking up in El Segundo. I found out by speaking to my guide that it would be faster if I picked it up at the delivery center. As much as it was out of my way (Malibu to El Segundo on the 405) It was worth it for me to go to the center. In retrospect, I"m glad I did. Super nice staff and a nice place to visit. So in sum, for those of you wirth home delivery, consider picking it up at the delivery center. just sharing my experiences.

OP
OP

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law
Update from my Guide: It should arrive at the SC "around the 2nd or 3rd week of November."

Sponsored

OP
OP

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law
My truck went through Costa Mesa. I had a home delivery. However, not to get your hopes up, when they told me the truck was still ”in transit” it was already at the service center being prepped to be driven to my home. I’m not sure how they have refined their process since considering this was a very early delivery, but I’m sure you are much closer than you think! Congratulations.
Interesting, was this before they started shipping by train?

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Brutman - its happening!

Got my VIN assignment on 9/30. Told 4-6 weeks for delivery. Went by the Costa Mesa SC yesterday and saw my R1S on the lot getting a firmware update. I did not receive any notification that the R1S was on the lot, but I knew they take deliveries at the end of each week from the train in Riverside. So goes from Normal by train to Riverside, and then the trucks get put on carriers for drop off at Costa Mesa.

Emailed with my Guide today, but she did not have anything further on delivery timing. Hoping I get delivery scheduled this week. Should be in PDI this week. I took a close look at exterior and paint/panels look good.

I will keep you posted.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S deliveries at/from Costa Mesa (CA) Service Center? R1S 1

Rivian R1T R1S R1S deliveries at/from Costa Mesa (CA) Service Center? R1S 2

Rivian R1T R1S R1S deliveries at/from Costa Mesa (CA) Service Center? R1S 3

Rivian R1T R1S R1S deliveries at/from Costa Mesa (CA) Service Center? R1S 4

Cbarwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport Supercharged, Jaguar F-TypeR, AMG GT Conv
Over a month since I got my R1S VIN. Has been at the Costa Mesa Service Center for 8 days now. Nothing from my guide, nothing from the service center. Been by the service center a few times, there were seven R1S’s in the parking lot, haven’t spotted mine yet. Waiting for over three years, but the last month has been the hardest. A little frustrated that my delivery has fallen into a black hole, especially considering I own the vehicle at this point.

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Over a month since I got my R1S VIN. Has been at the Costa Mesa Service Center for 8 days now. Nothing from my guide, nothing from the service center. Been by the service center a few times, there were seven R1S’s in the parking lot, haven’t spotted mine yet. Waiting for over three years, but the last month has been the hardest. A little frustrated that my delivery has fallen into a black hole, especially considering I own the vehicle at this point.
If you don’t see it on the lot, how do you know it’s there? If it is there and there’s been no communication it’s probably because it didn’t pass PDI. There may be cosmetic issues that require a bodyshop and parts to fix.

Transparency in this process has not been stellar. Hope you can get an update soon.

Cbarwick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport Supercharged, Jaguar F-TypeR, AMG GT Conv
Rivian guide let me know that it arrived at the Service Center the day it got there.