kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

yeah.. I feel weird I need to pay for it.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

That seems a bit pricey. Weird it can be ordered and is ready to ship given how few R1S’s seem to be in the wild. I had it it my cart and the website was ready to process the order.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Most car companies make you pay for them. BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche are all brands I’ve driven and each of them charged for it. Sometimes dealers install them and add it to the MSRP even if you don’t need or want one.

Sponsored

Viperssd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Audi Q7, Tesla Model 3
Yes, our Q7 didn't include one, our GLS450 did include it....honestly, I barely ever use it and never actually bought it for the Audi. The MB has a nifty storage spot for it just next to the spare tire so I keep it there in case we decide we want to use it.

Viperssd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Audi Q7, Tesla Model 3
One more note, the rear seat max recline is typically set based on these, so I'm thinking the back seats may not recline much....

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Most car companies make you pay for them. BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche are all brands I’ve driven and each of them charged for it. Sometimes dealers install them and add it to the MSRP even if you don’t need or want one.
Just because other companies do it doesn’t make it right. Especially for a company eschewing a lot of what existing auto companies do (for good and for worse).

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
My wife has owned 2 BMW X5’s and one X3, and I’ve owned two Land Rovers…never once was the cargo cover extra. All came with the vehicles.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
This 100%. I've had many SUV's over the past 25 years and almost all of them this was a paid item. Often it's an accessory ordered by the dealer and you'll see a line item on the window sticker. Sometimes it's part of a package.

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
My wife has owned 2 BMW X5’s and one X3, and I’ve owned two Land Rovers…never once was the cargo cover extra. All came with the vehicles.
Ditto. 2018 Velar and 2020 X5 included cover.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I usually end up taking these out of the cars the first time I need more room. Makes sense to me for it to not be included.

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
1. I'm glad its not part of the vehicle price. We wouldn't use it. It would collect dust and spider webs in the garage.
2. Anyone else notice that the 3rd row seat belts are missing from the pictures with the cover deployed and 3rd row seats flat? Are the 3rd row belts retractable somewhere?

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I always thought of it as an overpriced extra for most cars, although my prior SUV's were bought used, so I don't have a personal data point.

But with the frunk, I don't see it as necessary. Just put anything you want hidden from view in there.
Sponsored