First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired
Just curious how many R1S folks we have in Montana. I placed my order on October 19th of 2020. I have seen one Rivan R1T in Missoula (about 2 hour drive/120 miles from where I live). Nothing from Rivian about my delivery other than it is currently looking like some time around September to December in 2022.
Sponsored

foofoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Wow. Good for you! That seems like a nice delivery window. I know of two R1Ts in Bozeman... a green one that I presume is a remote Rivian employee and a white one that I just heard about as being owned by a friend of an acquaintance. I've also seen a gray one around, but didn't see a plate, so could be someone passing through. Can't wait to see my first R1S... might be you!

sam decker

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Ford Expedition
I saw a red R1T in West Yellowstone last week.

MT_Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F250 King Ranch; 16' Explorer Plantinum
I've seen the Launch Green and White R1Ts around Bozeman too! Launch green first spotted with some of the first deliveries, which was surprising. White one been around most the summer. Have a Sep. 2021 R1S order with a 1st half 2023 delivery estimate. Will probably be lucky to get it 2023 in all reality.

Anyone know if they can do directly deliery here in MT, and if not how that works with sales tax if it has to happen in another state, since we dont' have sales tax?

mpp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Audi R8, BMW M3, Toyota FJ Cruiser
While each state may be different, I have purchased a car out-of-state (in this case Florida) and did not have to pay sales tax with proof of my residence in Montana.

Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Any update on your delivery? I wonder how "out of the way" Montana will affect delivery timeline. Encouraging to hear a few have been seen in Missoula, Bozeman.

I'm a Nov 2021 R1T max pack, OC, manual tonneau, 22" (originally was Explore package) on order for Montana delivery. So probably as far to the back of the line as possible. Officially I'm "second half 2023" but realistically I'm expecting/hoping for early 2024 or at least by spring 2024.

And I'm eagerly awaiting any news on the first max pack deliveries next year, hoping it's not cancelled.

OP
OP

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Nothing yet but I was told there will be an update at the end of September. I am in Denver right now and decided o drop by the Rivian Service center to see some colors and Rivian's in real life. Very fun and everyone was really helpful and friendly. I wold suggest though that you make an appointment. I got to sit inside one, check out the colors and interiors but couldn't; go for a drive because they were booked solid. I really like the forest green with ocean coast. One of the people I talked with said they have delivered to South Dakota so the remote location probably isn't too much of an issue. Most of the remote deliveries are now contracted out to third parties.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Nothing yet but I was told there will be an update at the end of September. I am in Denver right now and decided o drop by the Rivian Service center to see some colors and Rivian's in real life. Very fun and everyone was really helpful and friendly. I wold suggest though that you make an appointment. I got to sit inside one, check out the colors and interiors but couldn't; go for a drive because they were booked solid. I really like the forest green with ocean coast. One of the people I talked with said they have delivered to South Dakota so the remote location probably isn't too much of an issue. Most of the remote deliveries are now contracted out to third parties.
I'm Forest Green! Yes I was able to look at most of the colors up close and inside at First Mile last fall and I just can't go away from Forest Green for long. El Cap is very classy looking and my second choice but having always owned black or dark grey vehicles I feel like I want a little color for a change with it Rivian, and dark green is the "gentlemen's color" so still classy enough. I also switched to Ocean Coast at some point; I think it looks great even after the change, only a little concerned about showing dirt over time.

OP
OP

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I'm Forest Green! Yes I was able to look at most of the colors up close and inside at First Mile last fall and I just can't go away from Forest Green for long. El Cap is very classy looking and my second choice but having always owned black or dark grey vehicles I feel like I want a little color for a change with it Rivian, and dark green is the "gentlemen's color" so still classy enough. I also switched to Ocean Coast at some point; I think it looks great even after the change, only a little concerned about showing dirt over time.
I have had light colored interiors on other cars in the past. They take a little more attention to keep clean but not very much more. For me it is worth the little extra effort to have the light interior, even in Montana!

OP
OP

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Just an update: I am in "Processing Estimate" so I may not see the R1S for years. I did get the charger installed though so I will be ready for it when it does finally show up :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
A quick question: Is there such a thing as a Rivian Owners assist forum? I just had my charger installed (Rivian set at 48 amp) and am still months or years away from delivery (R1S ordered 10/2020) but it made me think that there are no public chargers anywhere near me, closest being 125 miles away and sometimes I can imagine a Rivian owner going through the area and realizing they really need to add some change so they can make it that 125 miles. They would be welcome to park in my driveway for awhile to get some charge to make it through. ( note: People who haul their horses and cows are familiar with this sort of network as they need to stop and let their animals out to stretch their legs and many folks participate in a network to show stopping points.

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
You can sign up on plug share and make the charger available to anyone. Even have a note for people to contact you. But I don't think it can be one brand exclusive

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That is a very nice idea. If you want to limit the offer to other Rivians, a sticky thread could be created on these forums.

Brian

OP
OP

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I made a thread. How do I make it sticky?
thanks,
Gene

OP
OP

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Just so you know, we know how to do charging here in Montana! :) This is the public charger that I have mentioned previously that is only 120 miles from my home (currently the closest public charger). Our snow stays fully charged all the time!
Rivian R1T R1S R1S buyers in Montana? Charging in MT
Sponsored