Sponsored

R1S: After "revision", first *NON Launch Edition* delivery estimates?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
No worries... It just wasn't clear on many of the responses if they were Launch Edition R1S reservations or not... I now see that your Feb/Mar delivery is not a launch edition... which is the info I was trying to glean.

Last time I chatted with my guide (mid December), she has said that for the R1S, they were only delivering LE vehicles, was checking to see if that was still the case.
I saw one on fb group that had the jan/Feb delivery non LE
Sponsored

OP
OP
pfbz

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
From your signature, you reserved your R1T Adventure 11/3/21 and received it eight months later on 6/25/22. Less than 8 months! [additional negativity goes here]
Complaining? Nope... Just trying to collect some info.

Yes, I got my R1T quickly. Didn't jump any line, was simply offered my truck from Rivian and took it! At that time, getting an R1T "ahead of schedule" seemed to be combo of:

1. Being close to a service center.
  2. Having a reservation, even if not an early reservation.
  3. Having a configuration that matched what was coming off the production line.
  4. Contacting Rivian through email/chat and expressing interest?
  5. Having an on-the-ball guide?
  6. Some element of luck?
So last summer I changed my R1T config to the dark interior, 21" wheels, sent a message to Rivian saying I'd love to get my truck asap, and boom I had a guide assigned.

For the R1S, speculation on what now effects the assigned date estimate with the revised scheduling algorithms includes:

• Original order date (of course)?
  • Pre or post price increase?
  • Bump in prioritization for the 2-motor version (perhaps to help with the new $80K price cap?)

I still think that distance to service center will affect the actual delivery schedule, though not sure it is factored into whatever algorithm was used for the projected dates. Same with other build specifics, like interior color. Builds that include items that are in short supply (whatever they are now and in the next six months), will likely be de-prioritized and Rivian could/should continue batch-building and then matching the built trucks customers rather than building purely FIFO based on reservation date.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
No price conversion in our case. Switching to R1S we still get to keep our pre-March pricing. They have basically said that all along, switching between models doesn't change anything. I even got Rivian to confirm that in writing for me since I almost did it in December. They're supposed to have more specific pricing and availability info for the max pack R1T s00n, this month now and make changes in our accounts.

I already have a guide I've been talking to as they have tried to match me with an identical spec (to my configuration) R1T, except Large battery, twice now. Apparently if I switch configs to R1S my R1 shop access will show S instead of T vehicles and they will have a new delivery estimate for me in a month or so. I've been told to expect 2024 delivery if I switch. We'll probably do the enhanced dual-motor... But would probably take a quad motor if one pops up in the R1 shop to our liking and the timing works. Reasoning behind dual motor over quad is a bit of cost savings and potentially a bit more range-efficiency. It will be my wife's daily driver and probably never do any more off-road that dirt roads/ parking lots.

I'll only keep the R1T Max Pack reservation with the dual-motor if it offers a significant range increase, like 100 more miles than I can get out of my Lightning. I'm getting a bona-fide 255+ miles out of a 90% charge on my Lightning in daily driving, better than our Model Y. The R1S would replace the Y, I'll keep the Lightning and reconsider upgrading to a newer generation EV truck in a few years.
Right, but we "pre march" orders don't have access to a dual motor variant for the R1S. That's what I thought you were saying.

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
I have non LE, front PPF,22 blacks with a Jan 2019 res. Went from Apr-Jun23, to Feb-Mar23

gearcritic

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T preorder
I have a non LE that is now Feb - Mar 2023 but won't believe till it's in my driveway haha.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Someone around here said not long ago that Rivian still produces "launch edition" R1Ts every once in awhile, which I believe because people are finding them in the shop occasionally. I would expect them to do the same thing with R1Ss even after they ramp up production.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I changed my quad to dual and my estimate went from Nov-Dec 23 to May-June 23. Also changes blue to white.
White, 21, dual
Are they making more money on the duals that they are prioritizing? Are they easier to make? Don't know what to make fo all this.

WakesUp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 R1T, ‘89 Landcruiser, ‘16 X5, ‘20 GL450
Occupation
In the field
Clubs

Are they making more money on the duals that they are prioritizing? Are they easier to make? Don't know what to make fo all this.
I’d imagine they are making more money on the dual motors. They buy the quad motors from Bosch and make the dual motors in house so the profit margin is probably higher.

wakenup23v

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Excursion, Acadia, Ranger
Occupation
IT Manager
My delivery date on my R1S Adv Pkg moved from 2024 to Oct-Dec 2023.

Sponsored

Chaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2017 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
attorney
After todays big re-sort, what are the quickest delivery estimates folks have received for a NON Launch-Edition R1S?

I'm also assuming there have been zero deliveries other than LE for the R1S so far... Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I've been bumped out to Q1-Q2 2024 for my R1S. Fortunately I have an R1T that I have been enjoying the heck out of for over six months. The R1S was reserved on the SAME DAY as the R1T, potentially two years apart in delivery...:oops:
I placed an R1S reservation in May 2021. My configuration is Adventure Package, Quad-Motor AWD, Large pack, Rivian Blue, 21" Road wheels, Black Mountain + Dark Ash Wood. I live in Arlington, VA. The nearest Rivian service center is in Richmond, VA. My delivery estimate (pre- and post-January 2023 re-sort) is July-September 2023. The last change to my configuration was made approximately six months ago. I plan no further changes to my configuration. However, there is a fair chance I would pull the trigger if I gain access to the R1 shop.

Last edited:

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I placed an R1S reservation in May 2021. My configuration is Adventure Package, Quad-Motor AWD, Large pack, Rivian Blue, 21" Road wheels, Black Mountain + Dark Ash Wood. I live in Arlington, VA. The nearest Rivian service center is in Richmond, VA. My delivery estimate (pre- and post-January 2023 re-sort) is July-September 2023. The last change to my configuration was made approximately six months ago. I plan no further changes to my configuration. However, there is a fair chance I would pull the trigger if I gain access to the R1 shop.
Welcome to RIvian Forums! Considering your reservation date, a delivery estimate of 3Q23 sounds pretty good.

Regarding Shop access ... currently the R1S Shop inventory (as reported on Rivian Forums) is 100% Launch Edition. Currently Rivian is not allowing R1S Adventure preorder holders to access R1S LE inventory. There is scant evidence that Rivian has even manufactured more than a handful of Adventure Package R1Ss. To date, Rivian is making good on its promise of "Priority Delivery" for Launch Edition R1Ss. Until Rivian ramps up production of R1S Adventure vehicles to a point where there are enough "orphans" to justify putting them in the R1 Shop, I don't foresee R1S Adventure preorder holders gaining access to Shop inventory. That could be months from now.

kyolml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla