Sponsored

R1S: After "revision", first *NON Launch Edition* delivery estimates?

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
After todays big re-sort, what are the quickest delivery estimates folks have received for a NON Launch-Edition R1S?

I'm also assuming there have been zero deliveries other than LE for the R1S so far... Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I've been bumped out to Q1-Q2 2024 for my R1S. Fortunately I have an R1T that I have been enjoying the heck out of for over six months. The R1S was reserved on the SAME DAY as the R1T, potentially two years apart in delivery...:oops:
Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
My delivery was pushed to july-september 23 and I live 25 mins from TWO service centers.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

My order is non-LE and moved up for delivery to Feb-Mar. It used to be Apr-Jun.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
The R1S was reserved on the SAME DAY as the R1T, potentially two years apart in delivery...
From your signature, you reserved your R1T Adventure 11/3/21 and received it eight months later on 6/25/22. Less than 8 months! And you're complaining? Sheesh, you ought to be grateful that you got your R1T way before it was promised, and you ought to be grateful that your R1S Adventure seems to be right on track for what was promised.

I placed my pre-order a year before you and I got my LE R1T three months AFTER you, and mine was only a few months past when I expected it (because of OC). So I'm not complaining about Rivian. But it's the height of entitlement for YOU to jump the line (although no fault of your own) then complain that your second vehicle is going to be right on time.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
Are all dual-motor R1S orders doomed to 2024 or later? We're thinking of throwing in the towel on our max pack R1T reservation and converting to dual-motor R1S. Even with a nearly 3 year old reservation, I don't think we'd jump the line much if we convert next month... Will wait to see the dual / max pack info first.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Are all dual-motor R1S orders doomed to 2024 or later? We're thinking of throwing in the towel on our max pack R1T reservation and converting to dual-motor R1S. Even with a nearly 3 year old reservation, I don't think we'd jump the line much if we convert next month... Will wait to see the dual / max pack info first.
No, a bunch of dual motor r1s are earlier than quad now. I don't know what "converting " to post March pricing would do.

WakesUp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 R1T, ā€˜89 Landcruiser, ā€˜16 X5, ā€˜20 GL450
Occupation
In the field
Clubs

I changed my quad to dual and my estimate went from Nov-Dec 23 to May-June 23. Also changes blue to white.
White, 21, dual

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

My window changed from Apr-Jun '23 to May-Jun '23. I'm satisfied with that.

In his email last night, Tony was kind enough to point out: "Weā€™re happy to report that your delivery window estimate remains the same ..."

I'm guessing that 2 factors are keeping me in 2Q23 instead of 1Q23. (A) My config has Vegan Leather Accents instead of wood. (B) I live in Illinois. Not sure what's up with 1Q in Illinois, but the Reddit/Tableau data (gathered from October delivery estimates) showed that out of 57 R1S preorders in Illinois, only 2 were estimated for 1Q23 delivery.

Addressing the OP's question ... JerseyGreens and Chewy734 are the only 1Q23 estimates that I've seen for R1S Adventure quad-motor.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I changed my quad to dual and my estimate went from Nov-Dec 23 to May-June 23. Also changes blue to white.
White, 21, dual
Welcome to Rivian Forums! When did you preorder?

Many of us on the Forums are surprised to see dual-motor deliveries planned form 2Q23.

Sponsored

bbenoit726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have an adventure R1S (FG / OC) with quad motors reserved and I moved from July - September 23 to May - June 23

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone been able to confirm range estimates for dual motor large packs with their guides?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Mine moved form July /sep to March/April .

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

White, 21, dual
How did you go from quad to dual?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
No, a bunch of dual motor r1s are earlier than quad now. I don't know what "converting " to post March pricing would do.
No price conversion in our case. Switching to R1S we still get to keep our pre-March pricing. They have basically said that all along, switching between models doesn't change anything. I even got Rivian to confirm that in writing for me since I almost did it in December. They're supposed to have more specific pricing and availability info for the max pack R1T s00n, this month now and make changes in our accounts.

I already have a guide I've been talking to as they have tried to match me with an identical spec (to my configuration) R1T, except Large battery, twice now. Apparently if I switch configs to R1S my R1 shop access will show S instead of T vehicles and they will have a new delivery estimate for me in a month or so. I've been told to expect 2024 delivery if I switch. We'll probably do the enhanced dual-motor... But would probably take a quad motor if one pops up in the R1 shop to our liking and the timing works. Reasoning behind dual motor over quad is a bit of cost savings and potentially a bit more range-efficiency. It will be my wife's daily driver and probably never do any more off-road that dirt roads/ parking lots.

I'll only keep the R1T Max Pack reservation with the dual-motor if it offers a significant range increase, like 100 more miles than I can get out of my Lightning. I'm getting a bona-fide 255+ miles out of a 90% charge on my Lightning in daily driving, better than our Model Y. The R1S would replace the Y, I'll keep the Lightning and reconsider upgrading to a newer generation EV truck in a few years.
Sponsored