Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
My spec: Launch edition, launch green, 20" AT, underbody kit, crossbars, spare tire.

I am not sure how many of these threads we really need, but it's early days and maybe it helps the next person, and if nothing else it help me keep track of things.

Pros: all the usuals, nothing new.

Opportunities and issues:

When I noticed it, issue, status, other.

Day 1Hotspot fails to load - intermittent - requires soft resetticket in - still brokenIf the SSID fails to show up it never comes back without a soft reset. when it works it seems fine until maybe a charge cycle, still not clear.
Day 3Radio just doesn't work, no controls - reset doesnt fixticket in - still brokenit worked day one, but never since
Day 5Air hose won't fit on compressorno ticket yetI spent 20 mins messing with it
Day 10Liftgate button, the one on the glass part, the rubber became detachedticket in, no actionIt's hangin on from one side, annoying not a big deal
Day 1 Wind noise drivers window/doorno ticket yetI can't tell if its a seal, will be testing with painters tape
Day 5Crossbar loud high pitch whistleno ticket yetwill also test with tape, can't tell if it's the actual bar, or where it pushes the wind on the roof. Even happens with pads on the bars though.
Day 20The trim around the cross bar mounts feel very loose. no ticket yesjust feels a little cheap, noticed while troubleshooting crossbar noise.
Day 15Very loud fan and cabin vibrations when AC in 110degree heat.no ticket, still happensMaybe just pure physics, but the whole floor under the pedals was loud and vibrating, must be extreme heat fan that kicks on. Never had that in other cars though.
Day 1navigation is generally poorI get it, they are not Apple or Google. Yet to find how to reroute without ending and starting again, maybe I should read the manual...
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Well at least you don't have a broken Tonneau cover ;)

OP
OP
Rally1

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Ha, yeah nothing is super critical, though the high heat fan noise/vibs did give me a minor scare out in the desert.

Last edited:

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Your crossbar high pitch sound is probably the characteristics of the bar without anything on them.

I had something similar on XC90, when I owned it. I took them off when not needed and the sound was gone.

Try without and that will give you an immediate answer.

Didn't know LB got to 110 - yikes. Never got that hot in Laguna. It did hit over 90 this past week.

OP
OP
Rally1

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Yes I know if I take them off the sound goes away, that's not a fix! Roofracks can be made to not whistle, especially ones that are designed in congestion with the car. No excuse.

I wasn't in LB for the 110, but rather the desert.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Yes I know if I take them off the sound goes away, that's not a fix! Roofracks can be made to not whistle, especially ones that are designed in congestion with the car. No excuse.

I have the crossbars over my truck bed and have never heard a whistle even with bike racks/bikes attached.

I haven't tried them on the roof, but I've had many cars in the past with roof crossbars make noise.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
I have had mine for a week. Issues so far:
1. Wireless charger does not charge my iPhone.
2. Haven’t figured out how to shorten the adaptive cruise distance.
3. AC does take a bit of time to cool off the car. Going to ceramic coat roof and windows soo. I believe that will help.
4. Really would love an online owners manual.

.fit and finish is great.

Wish list:
1. Software evolves. Having owned a Tesl, I came to appreciate how the car and features got better and better.

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

I have had mine for a week. Issues so far:
1. Wireless charger does not charge my iPhone.
2. Haven’t figured out how to shorten the adaptive cruise distance.
3. AC does take a bit of time to cool off the car. Going to ceramic coat roof and windows soo. I believe that will help.
4. Really would love an online owners manual.

.fit and finish is great.

Wish list:
1. Software evolves. Having owned a Tesl, I came to appreciate how the car and features got better and better.
Congrats on the R1S! Once you have adaptive cruise set you adjust following distance with thumbwheel on right side of steering wheel.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'll take the R1S off your hands if you want.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

What makes you believe the crossbar was designed specifically for R1S? It is all likely that it was designed for the R1T bed application and used as a common part for the R1S.

My crossbar for the Valve was OEM so called "aero" design. Still, added noise to the cabin and had a hit of 0.5 mpg or so.

Sponsored

Rgrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Thanks for the writeup - I was invited to lock my config this month but since I won't move off of OC (potentially FE) interior they're going to move my window (not sure how far).

I was wondering about the cross bars - it sounds like they didn't do enough engineering there.

The fan issue takes me back to my First Mile in the R1T - the demo started with fan off and quickly got misty inside...Rivian person tried to adjust it for us...and I came away with the impression that they know that it's noisy (corollary being ineffective at non-noisy speeds). I haven't heard others complain about this and figured I might be extra-sensitive.

But the door wind noise has been widely reported with R1Ts and I'm surprised they haven't come up with a fix for this in almost a year.

I was happy to wait a bit to get the interior I want - in part because I assumed they would be making steady improvements. I believe that they finally have a fix for the truck's tonneau (which was widely reported as a problem from the earliest pre-release vehicles) but I sense that they do not yet have a way to continuously improve their build process.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are you sure you have every vent turned on? Other posters mentioned their vehicles were delivered with some vents in the off position requiring the owner to manually turn them back on.
Sponsored