Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was originally first half of 2023, so presumably going to get bumped to the end of next year. Really excited about the R1S but put down a deposit on a Lyriq and we'll see which one I can get first.
I'm in the same boat as you, but remain cautiously optimistic. Who knows, we could have been at the beginning of the 6 month window to start, so pushing back a few months would still keep us there. All we can do is patiently wait until our name is called!
Sponsored

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
I'm in the same boat as you, but remain cautiously optimistic. Who knows, we could have been at the beginning of the 6 month window to start, so pushing back a few months would still keep us there. All we can do is patiently wait until our name is called!
True true, though my recent experiences driving around my wife's 2010 Prius have convinced me that I'm not very patient! No ill-will toward Rivian. They are doing what they can even though their comms group is amateurish at times. But man did they miss a key window before all of the competing products arrive. Lyriq, Polestar 3, iX, etc.

JohnB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura/Mazda
Just rec'd a email that my R1S delivery window moved from Oct-Dec 2022 to "first half" of 2023. That will make my March 2019 non-Launch Edition preorder a 4+ year wait. Hope my heep can continue to run until then.

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
I sure hope they add 800V charging and V2H power in 2023 across the board. Cars are already coming out with both and these cars will seem stale with sub 300 mile ranges and 40 minute waits for 100 miles of range.

But they hired the CTO from Specialized bikes so that they can make an electric bike to tow your dead R1S to the closest charging station. So yay?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
My updated window is Oct-Dec
Yes. The majority of R1S reservation holders who recieved updates on 6/11 (myself included) were given an Oct-Dec 2022 window.
Good to know, thanks for confirming. I wish we had a way of tracking these updated windows somewhere.

Do you really think they will deliver any RIS before the end of the year??
Yes? See above - there are folks who have been promised 2022 deliveries in their updated windows. Only a fool would claim that they will 100% make all those deliveries but I will bet that at least ... err, 10 will get delivered 😅

Sponsored

thestvff

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Limesone + OC + Dark 20's), Tesla MY
Clubs

October '21 R1S pre-order here. Original window was always "first-half 2023". Haven't received any email about me being pushed back, but I assume it will be.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Just joining the chorus of 1H2023 LE R1S holders. May 2019 reservation, though in fairness it was an R1T until a month ago.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I sure hope they add 800V charging and V2H power in 2023 across the board. Cars are already coming out with both and these cars will seem stale with sub 300 mile ranges and 40 minute waits for 100 miles of range.

But they hired the CTO from Specialized bikes so that they can make an electric bike to tow your dead R1S to the closest charging station. So yay?
The problem with the faster charging options from Kia/Hyundai is that when you take off from the charger 4 minutes faster than a Rivian, then you actually have to drive/ride in it, which sucks.... :)

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Yup - ditto here. Pushed from Oct-Dec ‘22 to “first half 2023”. LA Silver R1S with BM & 20” AT. Brutal, but not unexpected. I originally submitted my preorder in Nov ‘20, but didn’t actually configure my R1S until Apr ‘21. And while I’m 98% sure I’ll still wait (the R1x’s seem like truly amazing vehicles), it’s a tough pill to swallow. My current vehicle works great, so I’m impatient out of desire rather than necessity.

It’s all I can do to live vicariously through pictures of those that are actually sitting in their new toys. Who knows if that drug efficacy will last another 9-12 months, though…

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

2019 orders getting 2023 deliveries???!!!! Wtf Rivian.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Any 2018 orders with same email?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Looks like i'm likely looking at a 2024 window for mine if you guys all got pushed to 2023. I didn't receive this email but I didn't expect to either, so I'm in it for the long wait for our R1S.
End of summer

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Don't count on it

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Any 2018 orders with same email?
It's possible if they configured an Explore/Adventure trim, or if they are in Canada, or not near a service center. Haven't seen one yet though ...
Sponsored