Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

H
Received the same email. December 2018 pre-order here. Extremely frustrating.
Hot damn!!! That’s f@cked up. Free Ocean Coast, the gift that never stops giving…
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

My suspicion for awhile has been that the supply chain issues and production chaos is far worse than they’re saying or we can see. This is why they can’t be and haven’t been more transparent —investors will revolt and preorders will stall and shrink or vice versa. They’re playing the string out because they can but also because they have no choice. We’re just getting played as a result.
Depends on whether there is a supply chain issue specific to the R1S. While they clearly are feeling it overall, R1T VINs are nearing 9000 and with the EDV production added they still seem to be on track for their 25k estimate, just with more R1Ts than R1Ss.

A little part of me wonders if they are intentionally prioritizing the R1T because it has contemporaneous competition from the F-150. There still isn’t an alternative to the R1S that you can buy today, or this year, so I can’t help but think they may be deprioritizing the R1S because order holders are less of a flight risk without any other product to turn to.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I got the same window.

like others above, I’m pretty sure they’ve known this for a while and could have communicated it.

I’m a 10/2019 preorder with BM interior, so I agree it’s not the Ocean Coast that’s the problem.

I also have a pretty early Cybertruck order, which i never really expected before 2023, but it‘s looking more and more like that may be my next vehicle. My oldest child lives in Austin, about half way between downtown and the Austin Gigafactory, so picking up a Cybertruck from the factory would be a fun family adventure. She wants my model S when I get a new car anyway.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
This is a huge bummer, I feel for everyone who got this window. I was one of the lucky(?) few who got my update earlier this month for an Aug - Sept 2022 delivery, but looking at some of your preorder dates there isn't much at all separating me from the rest of you - in fact many of you have earlier preorder dates. Doesn't make sense, which is unfortunately becoming par for the course for all things Rivian.

Was there even an Oct - Dec 2022 window? Is it just Aug - Sept for R1Ss this year?

Sponsored

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
This is a huge bummer, I feel for everyone who got this window. I was one of the lucky(?) few who got my update earlier this month for an Aug - Sept 2022 delivery, but looking at some of your preorder dates there isn't much at all separating me from the rest of you - in fact many of you have earlier preorder dates. Doesn't make sense, which is unfortunately becoming par for the course for all things Rivian.

Was there even an Oct - Dec 2022 window? Is it just Aug - Sept for R1Ss this year?
Do you really think they will deliver any RIS before the end of the year??

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Honestly I don't view this as a new delivery window, but simply kicking the can down the road. They really don't know when our deliveries will happen. Maybe between now and the heat death of the universe.
God knows we're trying to be patient and understanding, but how long are we expected to wait? Just spoke with CS and they told me anywhere between January and June.....🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
what can we do
Bottom-line takeaway here. Getting mad isn't going to magically make your R1S come sooner. You either continue waiting for it if you want it still, or explore non-R1S alternatives. The choice really is that simple.

Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Do you really think they will deliver any RIS before the end of the year??
I think we'll see a few. I anticipate it might be similar to the R1T, where we saw tens of trucks delivered at first and it ramped up a few months later. They'll want to report R1S production/customer sales for end of year.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
At this rate I’m half expecting to have a Toyota Sienna Prime before the R1S.

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
I was originally first half of 2023, so presumably going to get bumped to the end of next year. Really excited about the R1S but put down a deposit on a Lyriq and we'll see which one I can get first.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yes. The majority of R1S reservation holders who recieved updates on 6/11 (myself included) were given an Oct-Dec 2022 window.

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Same email received just now, assume it is the Ocean Coast but not willing to switch. Feb 2019 order
I changed my interior to BM and still received the same update.
Sponsored