First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Nissan Pathfinder
Occupation
Designer
I placed a deposit for the R1S in November 2020. Desperately needing a car, I picked up the 2023 Genesis GV60 in the middle of last year. Initially, I thought I would flip the R1S, but after attending the R1S first-mile event in March, I changed my mind. I sold the Genesis for a good amount of loss and purchased the R1S.

Here's my accessories list:
1. LinerX mats (still waiting for delivery).
2. Twraps - Phone wireless charger, screen protector, center console.
3. Samsung Shield SSD.

Modifications/Upgrades:
1. Ceramic Pro ultimate ION armor package with full IR window tinting. Front windows and windshield at 70%, side windows at 5%, roof and rear windshield at 35%. Done at an Elite Dealer in the Bay Area.
2. RMAXX running boards ordered.
3. DIY - CarPro CQuartz Leather 2.0 ceramic coating

2. Range is better or in line with EPA ratings, use 100% all-purpose with standard height and soft suspension.
3. Rivian sound system.
4. Turning radius is far better than Genesis GV60.

Dislikes:
1. Not happy with conserve mode ride quality or keeping the suspension in auto setting. The auto setting causes a constant tick-tock sound that annoys me.
2. Rattle noises from panels if I increase the sound level beyond 13 to 15.
3. Headrest - My wife is 5'1'' and has a hard time with the headrest in the passenger seat. Rivian should have designed the seat with adjustable headrests; it feels like it was designed with 6 ft people in mind.
4. HVAC - Feel fan noise is louder and also weaker than all other cars I have owned in the past.

So many random people in parking lots wanted to take a look at the interior, and one common compliment is that it's better than Tesla and has a high-quality interior.

IMG_8787.jpg

IMG_8788.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg
Curious, have you received your LinerX Floor Mats yet? If not, any word on delivery timing? If yes, what do you think so far of the mats?
Sponsored

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
Jeebus, if we put the sound level past 7 or 8 we’re shaking walls 3 miles away. 15?? I know I sound like a boomer but damn!

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
My neighbor just picked one up and its consistent, his first comment, "its built better than Tesla".
The other thing he said was the Tesla charger + adapter was faster than his Rivian charger. Not sure if you agree with that sentiment or have tried.
I also own a Tesla Model Y and I charge both the Tesla and my Rivian on the same charger on alternate days. The Tesla "SEEMS" to charge faster because the battery is smaller.

OP
OP

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Curious, have you received your LinerX Floor Mats yet? If not, any word on delivery timing? If yes, what do you think so far of the mats?
I haven’t received it and it’s not yet shipped.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

In each of my vehicles I put the auto registration and proof of insurance in a No. 10 regular-sized envelope and put the envelope in the glovebox.
Since Rivian doesn't have a glovebox (not sure why), I tried to put the No. 10 envelope in the (micro)cubby below the front seat. Disappointingly, that little cubby is not wide enough to accommodate a regular No. 10 envelope. Grr.

What was the interior engineering team thinking? Maybe subsequent versions of the R1 will have a wider cubby below the seat. Better yet, give the R1 a real glovebox!
Sponsored