First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I was in another thread talking about the vision of an XL version, given I have 4 kids in car seats the topic seemed interesting. However, as I was watching some interior clips of the car for the umpteenth time I noticed that the second row seat belts are not imbedded in the seat ( Like the Donda odyssey https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/51...636341968073048109-2018-Honda-Odyssey-084.JPG ) but rather follow more conventional mount on or around the pillar.

Why is that an issue for me? Well, since my kids are at a weight where I can no longer use the LATCH and must fix the seats with the setbelt while they use still use the 5 point harness, it will become impossible to get into the 3rd row without a) Undoing one the car seats b) folding down the middle seat and jumping over it.

Option (b) occurs, because unlike some other vehicles, the seat is not standalone and is attached to one the seats next to it as a single frame. Again not a big deal, the kids can jump over it, but given I live in Illinois, the last you want is melty dirty snow and salt dripping all over the seats when they jump.

I might be over thinking it, but this situation sucked in one of my older vehicles, and it seems it will be the same struggle in the R1S until the kids are out of the 5 point harnesses.
Sponsored