Sponsored

Quiet...so quiet.....

huskylord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subie
It will be a couple of years until I can afford a Rivian (need to win the lottery tonight), but that doesn't mean I'm not hoping to see some R1Ts and R1S's in Canada. It's almost end of August and the Canada forum is eerily quiet. What are the odds I see a Rivian in Ontario before the year is out?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It will be a couple of years until I can afford a Rivian (need to win the lottery tonight), but that doesn't mean I'm not hoping to see some R1Ts and R1S's in Canada. It's almost end of August and the Canada forum is eerily quiet. What are the odds I see a Rivian in Ontario before the year is out?
I think slim, below is the original answer to Canadian deliveries but that was when US was starting in June. Assuming the 3 month delay impacts all of the downstream plans that puts this into February. They have not adjusted any of the dates on the website yet but I have to assume the slip will be across the board.

Rivian R1T R1S Quiet...so quiet..... 1629831282673

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I don’t think any of the people who’ve popped up on the forums mentioning guide contact have been from Canada either.

For what it’s worth, I’m in Winnipeg, placed my preorder deposit in July(2021), and my best guess is the absolute best case scenario is I have a truck next fall.

I also anticipate having to go to the states to poke around one in person.
Which I’m quite willing to do.

They’ll probably hit Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver for their demo “tour”

Last edited:

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I contacted CS shortly after the US delay was announced. I was told then that Canadian deliveries were still on-track to start in November as originally communicated. Which is somewhat consistent with what US folks who had guide contacts were told when they were originally given Oct/Nov timeframes prior to the delay announcement. Perhaps the planned production ramp was going to be quick and it was just the very initial deliveries that were being pushed

Granted - they were saying the US deliveries were on-track until RJ said they weren't. So I take that with a (large) grain of salt.

I am on Vancouver Island. So hopefully close-enough to Vancouver that we might benefit from service-coverage there with mobile rangers (similar to what Tesla does). Placed my pre-order Dec 2018. So far no word from a guide. I'd love to have mine before end of 2021. But not optimistic. I also just recently placed a pre-order for an R1T (not LE unfortunately). So wouldn't expect to see that for another year+ unless their production ramp is very fast.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Considering they still have job listings for delivery/fleet managers in Vancouver and have zero physical retail presence (no building plans or anything) aside from an office, I think its safe to say its going to be months before any deliveries happen up here.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Considering they still have job listings for delivery/fleet managers in Vancouver and have zero physical retail presence (no building plans or anything) aside from an office, I think its safe to say its going to be months before any deliveries happen up here.
they’re still saying November for launch editions.

january for everyone else

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Nov 27th 2018 preorder here. After the US delay, I reached out to CS and was told the Nov 2021 est Canada delivery timeframe was not impacted by it. I think it will be...

No guide contact yet.

Here's hoping!

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Saab 93 turboX SC; 2020 Porsche GT4
First post after spending a lot of time on this forum. Cant wait to get more intel from Rivian concerning canadian availability. I placed pre-order only 3 months ago so I'm not at the top of the list but no rush! I'll hang in there and keep learning on this forum!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First post after spending a lot of time on this forum. Cant wait to get more intel from Rivian concerning canadian availability. I placed pre-order only 3 months ago so I'm not at the top of the list but no rush! I'll hang in there and keep learning on this forum!
use the customer service chat function on the Rivian website. pleasant,although limited in what they can tell you.

I placed my preorder in July.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Saab 93 turboX SC; 2020 Porsche GT4
Thanks for the tip on the chat! I just checked my emails and I placed pre-order july 21st (Time goes by so slowly... I was under the impression it was way before that!)
Sponsored