Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Happy Holidays

I have an opinion question on getting running boards / sliders. From what i have gathered, most of them attach through the jack points. Both of the company's I have looked at seem to say they are easy to instal (and uninstall i assume) and when on, you use them as jack points.

1). Does anyone have any worry's if they affect the Rivian going in for service? i have spoken to the service center and a mobile service guy that came out, and they said it would only affect service if the boards prevented them from accessing certain parts of the truck. They didn't seem to think there would be a lot of instances where it would be needed, but stated there will be some. The mobile service guy said, just take them off before service.

2). Is anyone worried about the weight they add?

3). The two I have seen are the EV1 and the DCE. The EV1 are cheaper but i don't believe I have seen a finished product, I can't see them in person, and the latest pics i have seen seem to allow a lot of dirt to go through. The DCE seem like they have more proof of concept, look a little more rugged, but are almost twice the price. Does anyone have an opinion on which ones to get?

The main reason i want them is that my wife is VERY short at 4'9", and my mother in law has a hard time getting in and out of the Rivian even at its lowest. Plus of course, i think they will look cool.

Thanks to everyone for their opinion. This forum has been a big help.

Best

Adam
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My concerns about both designs I've seen is that they end up so close to the bottom door trim that obstructions like snow/mud/ice could cause major problems opening and closing the doors. It sucks to lose a little bit of ground clearance for them, but I'd consider it a necessary evil for the above cases.

OP
OP
abirozy

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

My concerns about both designs I've seen is that they end up so close to the bottom door trim that obstructions like snow/mud/ice could cause major problems opening and closing the doors. It sucks to lose a little bit of ground clearance for them, but I'd consider it a necessary evil for the above cases.
i had not thought about that.

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
ah, crap... I did not think of that either
Sponsored