Sponsored

Quasi Betting Pool - World's first R1S customer delivery!

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
I do. I have a june-july delivery window that has not been amended. Haven't heard a thing since.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I do. I have a june-july delivery window that has not been amended. Haven't heard a thing since.
So you didn't get an updated delivery date several weeks ago? Is it an r1s pre-order? If so what was your pre-order date and did you have ocean coast selected?

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
It says all of that in his sig. I would reach out to CS every day, but I highly doubt theyd keep that delivery window.

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
It says all of that in his sig. I would reach out to CS every day, but I highly doubt theyd keep that delivery window.
Definitely should have gotten an updated delivery date several weeks ago. He should follow up with cs, sounds like something isn't right.

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
I did check in with CS. They said they could see my delivery date and that I hadn't been contacted yet and said I should get something 'by the end of the summer'. They recognized the inconsistency but wouldn't/couldn't give me more info.

Sponsored

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
Just talked to them again and evidently not everyone has received a new date. He said probably not june/july (surprise, surprise) but hopefully by the end of the year.

Ace141

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X7
I am Aug/Sept. CS says still accurate. Here's hoping.

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Getting close to August. First deliveries should be contacted soon.

I have an Aug/Sep delivery date but no guide contact. Just for fun I'm going to predict the following...

First delivery date: August 16th

From some of the other threads it sounds like they got their first small delivery of r1s in the service center there recently so looking at that and comparing to how the r1t rolled out its possible that the first customer delivery will follow by a month.

With the collective wisdom of the forum we should be able to get a good idea on when this will happen especially with visibility into guide contacts.

Any other brave souls (fools) willing to put a stake in the ground and guess the world's first r1s customer delivery date and location? :)
I'm thinking more like San Fran area for first deliveries myself. I have an August/Sept delivery date myself but no guide contact yet.... :crying:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Does anyone have an R1S delivery window of July or is August the earliest?
August-September is the earliest updated window I've seen reported. Any windows that were never updated should be considered invalid.

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I'm thinking more like San Fran area for first deliveries myself. I have an August/Sept delivery date myself but no guide contact yet.... :crying:
For guessing the first R1S deliveries we at least have the benefit of looking how things rolled out with the R1T. While I'm sure there will be differences in how the R1S rolls out there are likely to be similarities as well. What I saw with the R1T was something like this...
1) No R1T's at all on the lot here in Seattle
2) Then a few showed up (like maybe 5-10)
3) Then about a month later quite a few more came in (maybe 20-30)
4) Deliveries of R1T's started about a week after that at a slow trickle

It stands to reason that the service centers need to have some weeks with the vehicles to get up to speed before the deliveries actually start, so likely the best leading indicator of deliveries will be when R1S's start showing up at at a service center. As I understand it from the forums this has happened in a few California service centers so far.

Notwithstanding specific configurations (which obviously have an impact on deliveries) I would image they will at least make an effort to prioritize those who are really early reservation holders. There were a number of R1S reservation holders who actually had guide contacts earlier in the year and I would guess that these folks (if they have the right configuration and are in the right geo) will be the first to receive the R1S. I would expect that some of these people will be contacted very soon by guides if deliveries are going to start in August.

I myself have an August/September delivery date for the R1S, but as I was not one of those already contacted by a guide (earlier in the year) I'm expecting more towards the fall or late September. All speculation of course but somewhat informed by the R1T process.

Sponsored

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Anyone on this forum receive their R1S yet?

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I did check in with CS. They said they could see my delivery date and that I hadn't been contacted yet and said I should get something 'by the end of the summer'. They recognized the inconsistency but wouldn't/couldn't give me more info.
This is what Iā€™m being told by my guide as well. I was in the ā€˜imminentā€™ delivery stage in April. My guide was telling me to line up insurance, charger, etc. Now, not even a new window. I did have one CS person look at my order and say something like ā€˜thatā€™s a good signā€™ but didnā€™t offer details..

It seems like whatever caused R1S delivery delays in the Spring left a few of us in limbo- neither front of the line or backā€¦but I do expect it is one or the other.

Last edited:

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
This is what Iā€™m being told by my guide as well. I was in the ā€˜imminentā€™ delivery stage in April. My guide was telling me to line up insurance, charger, etc. Now, not even a new window. I did have one CS person look at my order and say something like ā€˜thatā€™s a good signā€™ but didnā€™t offer details..

It seems like whatever caused R1S delivery delays in the Spring left a few of us in limbo- neither front of the line or backā€¦but I do expect it is one or the other.
Wow, I've had no guide contact. At least you're prepared now. It's so strange that they would do that and then leave you hanging like that. I at least have pretty good access to an R1T (my father in laws). I was thinking he was going to have a long wait because we live in rural NM (but on I-40). They drove the truck up from Phoenix on a flatbed then stayed the night at a local hotel. They showed up at 8 in the morning and delivered it then drove back to Phoenix. He was a march-april window and he got guide contact in early may and delivery in early june. Which would be just fine with me being a june-july.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
From an R1S Facebook group:
Rivian R1T R1S Quasi Betting Pool - World's first R1S customer delivery! Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 6.43.03 AM

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I'm predicting Aug 20th to the Cleveland service center for your's truly. I'll go a step further and say it will be damaged in transport and bump me into the Oct-Dec group because that would be par for the course. :p
Either way it looks like I am going to be making a visit to you šŸ˜†
Sponsored