Sponsored

Quasi Betting Pool - World's first R1S customer delivery!

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Getting close to August. First deliveries should be contacted soon.

I have an Aug/Sep delivery date but no guide contact. Just for fun I'm going to predict the following...

First delivery date: August 16th

From some of the other threads it sounds like they got their first small delivery of r1s in the service center there recently so looking at that and comparing to how the r1t rolled out its possible that the first customer delivery will follow by a month.

With the collective wisdom of the forum we should be able to get a good idea on when this will happen especially with visibility into guide contacts.

Any other brave souls (fools) willing to put a stake in the ground and guess the world's first r1s customer delivery date and location? :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Fellow Aug-Sep R1S here. No guide contact yet.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Nothing yet here either - but I'm expecting Day 1 reservations to hear before I do so I'm guessing I won't be contacted until September.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I am a December estimate with a manual tonneau cover config...
Ah - you have an R1T - ironically one of the reasons I switched from T to S is because of what I thought was a poor tonneau cover.

R1Ts are steadily being delivered - this thread is specifically about the R1S and we have seen zero actual customer deliveries - so initial contacts about the R1S actually shipping are eagerly anticipated. The earliest "window" for R1S deliveries is August-September and if you're an optimist you could get a R1S in 3 weeks. A realist would be thinking by September 31st. A pessimist is thinking even initial deliveries are going to be 2023.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
I'm predicting Aug 20th to the Cleveland service center for your's truly. I'll go a step further and say it will be damaged in transport and bump me into the Oct-Dec group because that would be par for the course. :p

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Can you edit the subject to accurately reflect the topic. I thought this was a report in an actual customer delivery vs. a quasi betting pool.

Gracias!!

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Nothing yet here either - but I'm expecting Day 1 reservations to hear before I do so I'm guessing I won't be contacted until September.
I’m a day one reservation in Los Angeles. Originally March/April, now Oct/Dec. PBA signed 4/21. Maybe Christmas will come early. But doubtful.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Getting close to August. First deliveries should be contacted soon.

I have an Aug/Sep delivery date but no guide contact. Just for fun I'm going to predict the following...

First delivery date: August 16th

From some of the other threads it sounds like they got their first small delivery of r1s in the service center there recently so looking at that and comparing to how the r1t rolled out its possible that the first customer delivery will follow by a month.

With the collective wisdom of the forum we should be able to get a good idea on when this will happen especially with visibility into guide contacts.

Any other brave souls (fools) willing to put a stake in the ground and guess the world's first r1s customer delivery date and location? :)
El Segundo or Costa Mesa?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I’m a day one reservation in Los Angeles. Originally March/April, now Oct/Dec. PBA signed 4/21. Maybe Christmas will come early. But doubtful.
Positive vibes your way

Sponsored

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
I am a 11/19 registrant for a R1S (LE, BM, large pack, 20 wheel). I was told that I'd get it June-July. Haven't heard anything since. Asked customer service and was told they'd get back to me by the end of summer but wouldn't confirm or deny that summer was still a possibility. My father in law (also 11/19) got his R1T about a month ago and had an April/may window.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm closing on my new house at the end of August and expect my R1S will arrive at the same time since that's least convenient from a financial perspective.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Does anyone have an R1S delivery window of July or is August the earliest?
Sponsored