Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I was wondering if anyone had taken delivery of their R1S or T with the $1500 frontal PPF package. Thoughts on quality of install and materials would be appreciated.
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I wouldn’t expect it to be any better than the gear tunnel PPF - rushed with no attention to detail.

You’d be better off saving the $1500, and going to a third party PPF shop and getting a full front end install (bumper, lights, hood, fenders, mirrors and pillars) for a few $$$ more, WITH wrapped edges.

I’d also recommend to anyone to get the lower portion of the doors, gear tunnel film replaced, and also doing the full hatch. Additionally, I chose to put pieces on each door sill to prevent damage by entry/exit.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
FWIW the info page for the factory XPEL PPF says it wraps around the edges on any panels that don’t require removal and all others it is supposed to come within 1mm of the edge.

I added it to my order mostly for convenience. I am a 1 vehicle person so once my R1T arrives I don’t want to have to leave it at a shop for 2-3 days while they do paint correction, PPF and tint. This way I just need to leave it for most of 1 day for tint.

It does come with the same 5y/60k warranty as the truck, but I know you can typically get a better warranty on PPF from a local shop. 10 years is not unusual. I’m not worried about it because I’m not that picky about PPF. It will do it’s job way beyond that warranty.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I wouldn’t expect it to be any better than the gear tunnel PPF - rushed with no attention to detail.

You’d be better off saving the $1500, and going to a third party PPF shop and getting a full front end install (bumper, lights, hood, fenders, mirrors and pillars) for a few $$$ more, WITH wrapped edges.

I’d also recommend to anyone to get the lower portion of the doors, gear tunnel film replaced, and also doing the full hatch. Additionally, I chose to put pieces on each door sill to prevent damage by entry/exit.
It's my understanding that the XPEL package is not part of the factory line build, but is rather applied by XPEL technicians post build, but at Normal.

Perhaps that is just my projection; wishful thinking?

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

It's my understanding that the XPEL package is not part of the factory line build, but is rather applied by XPEL technicians post build, but at Normal.

Perhaps that is just my projection; wishful thinking?
Based on what @Tim@XPEL has said in another thread, it is done at Normal, but by XPEL folks (or folks trained by XPEL).

Sponsored

Tim@XPEL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Occupation
VP OEM

The full front parts installed at our facility in Normal are installed by XPEL employees, the edges are wrapped, and the attention to detail is the same as you would find in any of our other stores.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

The full front parts installed at our facility in Normal are installed by XPEL employees, the edges are wrapped, and the attention to detail is the same as you would find in any of our other stores.
Because I'm curious, I'd like to know how a scenario like the following would be addressed:

An owner opts for the full front XPEL package, and upon delivery, they notice an imperfection with a covered panel: let's say the hood or a fender has a hair embedded between the film and paint.

How does an owner get this remedied?

Tim@XPEL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Occupation
VP OEM
Because I'm curious, I'd like to know how a scenario like the following would be addressed:

An owner opts for the full front XPEL package, and upon delivery, they notice an imperfection with a covered panel: let's say the hood or a fender has a hair embedded between the film and paint.

How does an owner get this remedied?
You would contact Rivian service to report the issue, then they get with us to schedule a service appointment/repair with an authorized XPEL dealer in your area.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Is the stealth factory wrap still coming?

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Thanks Tim!

On a side note, do you know why they removed the full stealth option? I went for the clear front, but would have jumped on the full stealth if offered.

Tim@XPEL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Occupation
VP OEM
Thanks Tim!

On a side note, do you know why they removed the full stealth option? I went for the clear front, but would have jumped on the full stealth if offered.
It's primarily a capacity issue for us right now. We will certainly let everyone know if something changes.
Sponsored