Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

just noticed that the quad motor is now $8000. was $6000 since the post 3/1 price hike.

Rivian R1T R1S Quad Motor $2000 price increase, now $8000! 1663646567505

my configured R1S which is currently $82,000 (pre 3/1 price hike) is now $103,000 for the exact same config. yikes!
All of us pre 3/1 price hike are getting a steal of a deal.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

just noticed that the quad motor is now $8000. was $6000 since the post 3/1 price hike.

1663646567505.png

my configured R1S which is currently $82,000 (pre 3/1 price hike) is now $103,000 for the exact same config. yikes!
All of us pre 3/1 price hike are getting a steal of a deal.
It'll be $10000 by years end

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m assuming these new prices would end up being for the in house built motors with 800V architecture, but I could be wrong on my assumption.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Iā€™m assuming these new prices would end up being for the in house built motors with 800V architecture, but I could be wrong on my assumption.
I'd be surprised if Rivian does 800v within 2 years. It'd be nice sure but there's huge patches of the country which don't have acess to an infrastructure that could take advantage of it. The "new" F150 Lightning platform isn't even confirmed 800v yet and that's several years away. To me it seems like Rivian is using the new reservation system, which wisely doesn't have a price lock-in, to increase profitability on a vehicle they are clearly selling at a loss for however many pre-price hike hold outs are left. Now's the time to do it, there's not much competition and Tesla is killing it with $15k all profit software upgrades. Not that I want to wish it into the universe but I'm surprised they haven't rolled out their subscription services.

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

It's more incentive for Rivian to make guys like me so discouraged that we eventually cancel our preorders. Why should Rivian sell to me when they could sell the exact same vehicle for a lot more dollars to post-price hike buyers?

I promise to be less cynical when Rivian actually gives me a delivery estimate ... s00n. (Tomorrow is the last day of summer.)

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
As someone with Quad motors on their R1T, who will never really use their capability, I will definitely switch to the dual motor setup for our R1S order. The Quad motors are completely overkill except for a few rare cases.

When you consider other competitors like Tesla, they charge $17k for Model X Plaid upgrade, and $30k for Model S Plaid upgrade. At least with the Quad motors you actually get improved off-road traction capabilities instead of just a faster 0-60 time.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd be surprised if Rivian does 800v within 2 years. It'd be nice sure but there's huge patches of the country which don't have acess to an infrastructure that could take advantage of it. The "new" F150 Lightning platform isn't even confirmed 800v yet and that's several years away. To me it seems like Rivian is using the new reservation system, which wisely doesn't have a price lock-in, to increase profitability on a vehicle they are clearly selling at a loss for however many pre-price hike hold outs are left. Now's the time to do it, there's not much competition and Tesla is killing it with $15k all profit software upgrades. Not that I want to wish it into the universe but I'm surprised they haven't rolled out their subscription services.
EA has quite a few stations that do 800V, the chargepoint express 250 stations that have shared power do 800V. I think the majority of >100kW stations coming online are capable of it and require it to hit their fastest speeds.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
As someone with Quad motors on their R1T, who will never really use their capability, I will definitely switch to the dual motor setup for our R1S order. The Quad motors are completely overkill except for a few rare cases.

When you consider other competitors like Tesla, they charge $17k for Model X Plaid upgrade, and $30k for Model S Plaid upgrade. At least with the Quad motors you actually get improved off-road traction capabilities instead of just a faster 0-60 time.
I completely agree. If we were in the market for a second Rivian, I'd order the dual-motor version without hesitation

Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
EA has quite a few stations that do 800V, the chargepoint express 250 stations that have shared power do 800V. I think the majority of >100kW stations coming online are capable of it and require it to hit their fastest speeds.
Yes this stuff is coming online but it'll take years until the standard charger someone just rolls up to is capable. In the time Rivian could certainly make the call on 800v and pass 100% of the costs onto the consumer and still have more demand than supply. I just think they're going to use that same strategy but prioritizing other things over 800v but I'm not an insider, could easily be proven wrong.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yes this stuff is coming online but it'll take years until the standard charger someone just rolls up to is capable. In the time Rivian could certainly make the call on 800v and pass 100% of the costs onto the consumer and still have more demand than supply. I just think they're going to use that same strategy but prioritizing other things over 800v but I'm not an insider, could easily be proven wrong.
All of the ones within 45 minutes of where I'm at that aren't at dealers and aren't 50kW units are 800V capable. Maybe you live somewhere DC charging was plentiful in 2018 but I don't.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Rivian leadership must be thankful that the Cybertruck is still not in production and keeps getting delayed.
I think we all are. I don't enjoy throwing up a little every time I see it.šŸ¤® Talk about distraction while driving.

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

Rivian leadership must be thankful that the Cybertruck is still not in production and keeps getting delayed.
Just a guess, but I think Elon will announce Cybertruck shipments start late next year (2023) with price tiers STARTING at $110,000 if you want shipment anywhere within the first 3 years Of production. Lower priced models will be several years away From actual delivery.
Sponsored