kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

https://apnews.com/press-release/pr-newswire/business-db90cc105024fc299f647c311fa70ac2

IRVINE, Calif., July 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Qmerit, a leader in renewable energy transformation, and electric vehicle-maker, Rivian, are partnering to create a seamless home charger installation experience for Rivian preorder holders.

Qmerit’s nationwide network of certified installers will soon begin performing Rivian Wall Charger installations in the homes of Rivian customers. This partnership aims to extend Rivian’s smooth digital journey from vehicle order to ongoing at-home charging support.

“Charging is a core part of EV ownership and we know by providing a seamless experience, it will not only help our existing customers but hopefully inspire new customers by showing them how safe and simple it is,” says Rivian’s Matt Horton, Executive Vice President for Energy and Charging Solutions. “That is why this relationship with Qmerit is so fundamental.”

Here’s how the Rivian Wall Charger installation process will work with Qmerit:

• Customers place their preorder at Rivian.com where they can customize the vehicle for their individual needs, including charging.
  • Next, customers fill out Qmerit’s short digital questionnaire assessing their home’s readiness for installing a Rivian Wall Charger.
  • After completing the questionnaire, customers are presented with an instant price estimate from a Qmerit Certified Installer in their area.
  • Upon confirmation, customers are able to electronically sign all required documents and submit payment after the installation is done.
  • Qmerit provides post-installation servicing support as needed.
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Sounds interesting, never heard of Qmerit. I wonder if they’ll start reaching out to everyone based on if we have it saved in the config or if a guide has contacted us

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I hope this will not be the only option. I just want Rivian to ship the EVSE to me and I'll handle installation.

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I hope this isn't the big news of the week

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Hmmm. So we can’t even pick the electrician we want to use. That’s a bit disappointing honestly. I already have one coming out to take a look assess our current setup in the garage

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I don't read that into it. The plan will evidently suggest electricians for youi but if you have qualified an electrician you just buy the box from Rivian and and have him install it. A good electrician is very hard to find so the option of using one vetted by Rivian seems like a good option to have.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I don't read that into it. The plan will evidently suggest electricians for youi but if you have qualified an electrician you just buy the box from Rivian and and have him install it. A good electrician is very hard to find so the option of using one vetted by Rivian seems like a good option to have.
This is what my Guide told me. They will facilitate if you need, but you are free to have your own electrician.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Since it can't power my house with V2H, I went out and bought something more useful, a dual charging clipper creek.

Of course, now that I've said that, They will announce v2h

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Since it can't power my house with V2H, I went out and bought something more useful, a dual charging clipper creek.

Of course, now that I've said that, They will announce v2h
Rivian is extremely unlikely to announce anything regarding V2H/G until the standards are adopted into CCS by CharIN.

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
Is the only benefit of this Rivian branded charger just like every other charger is the ability to use 40 amps vs 32 amps on a 240 volt circuit?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Is the only benefit of this Rivian branded charger just like every other charger is the ability to use 40 amps vs 32 amps on a 240 volt circuit?
It actually has the ability to use 48 amps if you hardwire on a 60 amp circuit.

It is a very good price at 500 and should be able to be used with the Rivian app.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Holy carp- do you see how much Amazon is getting for a Chargepoint 14-50? I could flip the one I purchased in June '21 for nearly a 60% ROI!
Prices for everything is crazy right now.

6 AWG copper wire has almost doubled in the last 6 months. Need to run a new circuit to the garage from the panel, debating if I want to do it now or see if the prices come back down.
Sponsored