Sponsored

Put in a new reservation for an R1S today...

wahoo

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, RX 350
Also recently put in my R1S reservation. What's the best guess on timing? Late 2023 or early 2024?

Any thoughts on if ours will be built with the 800v configuration with bidirectional charging (recently promised for the future)?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Also recently put in my R1S reservation. What's the best guess on timing? Late 2023 or early 2024?

Any thoughts on if ours will be built with the 800v configuration with bidirectional charging (recently promised for the future)?
I would say if you go with the dual motor configuration yes, it will be 800 volt, if you do a quad motor configuration maybe/maybe not.

I say that because from what we have seen the dual motor will be the Rivian designed motors and those are 800 volt, the quad motor configuration we have not heard when they may convert from the old hardware and Bosch motors to the new hardware.

OP
OP
Dirty_B

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales

I wish I knew breakdown of #of Reservations by model... But I don't. And
so... pure WAG is by end of 2023.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If anyone got that impression that R2S is an upgrade to R1S in a traditional sense, then they have not followed or spent anytime exploring Rivian as a company. Sorry for the confusion. It was meant that R1S is lagging so badly from their schedule, that by the time any new order placed now is fulfilled, it will be close to R2S deliveries from GA plant.

To say for someone who is looking for R1S would not consider or be satisfied with R2S performance, is premature. I believe there are many R1S reservation holder (pre and post March price hike) would welcome 5-seater, near half the price R2 option, even if that means bit smaller and less powerful.

The R2 architecture will be more advanced than R1, simply because its a clean sheet currently being designed versus R1 - including lessons learned from R1. So getting back to your original comment, if you look at it from technology standpoint, it will be an upgrade to the R1S. It just wont have as much bells and whistles features or power. Probably will have similar range.
Might as well wait for the R3S....

Sponsored

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
I am about to drop another 1k on the R1S reservation. Picked up my R1T a month and half ago. Love it.

Will go with the the Explore/Dual Motor/ Standard pack - I am guessing late 2023/early 24

My wifes Ys - 4 year warranty runs out Sept. 2024. Thinking way ahead.

That being said if they have an MSRP loophole for the Explore/dual motor/ large pack for the new tax rebate system(yes I know it's still a concept) otherwise I think I make it in under the old law - 200k cars.
Sponsored