Sponsored

Put 911 on speed-dial, the Cybertruck revolution is coming!

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Rivian: "Hey, let's send our first two prototypes on a 13k mile adventure from the tip of South America to California. It will even be filmed incase anything bad happens."

Tesla: "Let's make a video of our prototype with lasers and then park one on the landscaping out front. Our fanboys will go crazy."

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Rivian: "Hey, let's send our first two prototypes on a 13k mile adventure from the tip of South America to California. It will even be filmed incase anything bad happens."

Tesla: "Let's make a video of our prototype with lasers and then park one on the landscaping out front. Our fanboys will go crazy."
Tesla plans to send a fleet of Cybertrucks on a transatlantic voyage following the same route as Christopher Columbus across the ocean.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The Rumor is that Tesla will make a major announcement during Wednesday’s Investor Day. Some financial analysts are predicting a jump in the stock price as well. Stay tuned…

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
tell me this isn't a sequence from South Park

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I will never understand why anyone would want this thing. It looks like something I drew as a 5yo.
I'll bite.
I gave Elon a free lone years ago because I think the concept addressed a couple of necessary changes in mindset:
1. The boxiness and ability to produce at a larger (and ideally, cheaper)scale was intriguing. I know I am incredibly fortunate to be in a financial position to own aR1T and I think that any advancement to the industry that makes quality EVs more accessible to the general public are a good thing.
2. Designs are stale. Why do we need the traditional vehicle shape? I love that companies like aptera and canoo are understanding that truck=truck and sedan=sedan aren't the only options for a functional form factor. The willingness to choose something "utilitarian" (marketing for ugly AF) means that at least one manufacturer is testing the market to introduce new/ different/ potentially better (aero/ production cost/ safety) designs to market. The fact that it's Tesla trying this vs Canoo (still an unknown quantity) means that innovation has a chance to be encouraged IF this proves to be a successful vehicle platform.
3. I was raised in a cult and a doomsday vehicle appealed to my "Jesus is gonna apocalypse us any day now" mindset of yesteryear

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I finally read the article and I’m very concerned for this person’s judgment. The 8 second video of a CT at a rave convinced them to buy.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'll bite.
I gave Elon a free lone years ago because I think the concept addressed a couple of necessary changes in mindset:
1. The boxiness and ability to produce at a larger (and ideally, cheaper)scale was intriguing. I know I am incredibly fortunate to be in a financial position to own aR1T and I think that any advancement to the industry that makes quality EVs more accessible to the general public are a good thing.
2. Designs are stale. Why do we need the traditional vehicle shape? I love that companies like aptera and canoo are understanding that truck=truck and sedan=sedan aren't the only options for a functional form factor. The willingness to choose something "utilitarian" (marketing for ugly AF) means that at least one manufacturer is testing the market to introduce new/ different/ potentially better (aero/ production cost/ safety) designs to market. The fact that it's Tesla trying this vs Canoo (still an unknown quantity) means that innovation has a chance to be encouraged IF this proves to be a successful vehicle platform.
3. I was raised in a cult and a doomsday vehicle appealed to my "Jesus is gonna apocalypse us any day now" mindset of yesteryear
Makes sense if only we knew its capabilities. I would think something easier to care for/repair would make a better doomsday machine such as this (which I have on order): https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/

Also, I would want my doomsday vehicle to be able to drive over a curb.

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If Tesla wants to impress people they should put a snowplow on it.

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
OP you are super lucky you put that warning in about my mind being blown...

I was super close to suing you.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Doesn’t look terrible in that video with the lights off.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I finally read the article and I’m very concerned for this person’s judgment. The 8 second video of a CT at a rave convinced them to buy.

So much for getting all the bots off Twitter

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I don't mind having this POC as beater, if he delivers on price and everything in a few years.
Sponsored