Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Regional Director
Some info:

I was invited to shop at the RIT shop, and I was adamant I would wait for the max pack. However, since I had access why not look lol. It was soo much fun looking at all the available trucks, and then I noticed I couldn't wait anymore. I found the color and something close to what I wanted. It was only a limited of time access, but I had it for 2 weeks and counting. So last week, I bit the bullet and picked one. Once I clicked the truck, It automatically gave me a VIN number. Then a guide texted me and told me to hold off on finishing the last two steps which is payment and insurance. He said once the truck is close, he will let me know. I guess 5-8 weeks it is then. I hope I get it as a Christmas Present lol. I ordered my truck April 2021....I am not looking back........
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Some info:

I was invited to shop at the RIT shop, and I was adamant I would wait for the max pack. However, since I had access why not look lol. It was soo much fun looking at all the available trucks, and then I noticed I couldn't wait anymore. I found the color and something close to what I wanted. It was only a limited of time access, but I had it for 2 weeks and counting. So last week, I bit the bullet and picked one. Once I clicked the truck, It automatically gave me a VIN number. Then a guide texted me and told me to hold off on finishing the last two steps which is payment and insurance. He said once the truck is close, he will let me know. I guess 5-8 weeks it is then. I hope I get it as a Christmas Present lol. I ordered my truck April 2021....I am not looking back........
I didn’t look back either. When I got impatient, I found one with 200 miles on it in a no sales tax state (OR) and ended up flying there to drive it home. I paid the same as my post March order and the seler made money as he paid pre March price and no sale tax. Everyone was a winner. Just another option for those “chomping at the bit” and wanting….

Last edited:

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Some info:

I hope you get what you wanted for Christmas. You're gonna love the truck!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I think you’re going to like it for sure. I had mine at the detailer this past weekend and driving my wife’s similarly priced Audi had me missing my truck something awful. I have it back now thankfully.

Sponsored

jblachance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Canyon R1T is on the way 11/21
Occupation
Business Owner
I think you’re going to like it for sure. I had mine at the detailer this past weekend and driving my wife’s similarly priced Audi had me missing my truck something awful. I have it back now thankfully.
Donald, Picking up my Red Canyon R1T on Monday! Never owned a red vehicle before. Got access to the R1T store, my wife said she liked the red, and changed my max pack pre- order. Red Canyon R1T is here next week. How do you like the color? All I have seen in person is Launch Green and white up here in Maine.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Some info:

Congrats!. I would be my R1T your gonna get it before YE and there is going to be a big push to deliver Q4 and the 25K guidance they reiterated.

OP
OP
EVRider

EVRider

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Regional Director
Update:

I just got an email to schedule my delivery and it's next week Dec 6. This is pretty exciting lol. I might say I am more excited than when I got the Tesla Text lol.....

Time:
April 2021- Reserved The mAx Pack Rivian
4/9/22- met in Palo Alto for the test drive and community meet-up. They drove not me.
5/26/22Invited to test a Rivian Demo for the Rivian First Mile Drive
6/3/22 First Mile Drive Day: It was underwhelming but prob cause i set it up all wrong when I drove lol.
11/11/22 - Access granted to the R1 Shop
11/18/22- Bit the bullet and purchased one and updated the configuration. Financed approved.
12/2/22- Email stating: Your Rivian is ready for delivery. (Woohoo)

Upcoming...12/6- Delivery Day! Will let you know what happens...Its odd I guess they want me to drive to the service center to pick it up instead of it being delivered like the Tesla....Guess since I moved way out in the boonies, they don't want to drive all that way there lol.

Ohh Happy Friday to me :)

OP
OP
EVRider

EVRider

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Regional Director
Donald, Picking up my Red Canyon R1T on Monday! Never owned a red vehicle before. Got access to the R1T store, my wife said she liked the red, and changed my max pack pre- order. Red Canyon R1T is here next week. How do you like the color? All I have seen in person is Launch Green and white up here in Maine.
We didn't have a red car before and wanted something different. We went with the red tesla this year. It was the best decision we ever made. The Red is spicy for sure. However, Its got competition now from the soon the be arrival of the Rivian. My husband says we will need to race to see who wins....ohhh jeeez no doubt I'll smoke him hahahah!

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Agreed. It's been six weeks and I still long to drive it over my MS Plaid.
That action might just void your warranty.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I love it. Ever since I was a young man and my uncle bought a 2002 Chevy Camaro SS in sunset orange have I been partial to the sort of red/orange shift metallic paint jobs that Red Canyon is.

If I could have picked a custom color to order my Rivian in truthfully it would be very close to Red Canyon. I even had my first motorcycle custom painted in Sunset Orange which as I said is very close to the Red Canyon.

Rivian R1T R1S Purchased one via R1T Shop Invite 5DC90BFB-28F5-4794-A0F8-640CF8C44665

jblachance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Canyon R1T is on the way 11/21
Occupation
Business Owner
I love it. Ever since I was a young man and my uncle bought a 2002 Chevy Camaro SS in sunset orange have I been partial to the sort of red/orange shift metallic paint jobs that Red Canyon is.

If I could have picked a custom color to order my Rivian in truthfully it would be very close to Red Canyon. I even had my first motorcycle custom painted in Sunset Orange which as I said is very close to the Red Canyon.

5DC90BFB-28F5-4794-A0F8-640CF8C44665.jpeg
Picking it up this afternoon!

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
We got our Canyon Red R1T last Wednesday from going thru the Shop process as well. We were adamant about Max pack until they extended it again to 2024. One became available in the shop with the features we wanted, and we decided to switch. We went from Forest Green (my wife's choice) to Canyon Red and have not regretted it. We love it so far. We are in Minnesota so it does take a hit on range in the cold but don't we all. For us it was almost two weeks from picking the Truck to delivery but we did have the Thanksgiving holiday weekend during that two weeks. I think you will love it. First time driving it, I looked up as I came out of a retail driveway and I saw a guy videoing the truck.

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
Congrats on getting your new rig. And so for the R1 Shop Invite, is this something that we just watch for email notifications, or can be done via a request to the guide which I already been assigned? Thanks

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
Congrats on getting your new rig. And so for the R1 Shop Invite, is this something that we just watch for email notifications, or can be done via a request to the guide which I already been assigned? Thanks
We got our email invite before we had a guide assigned.......
Sponsored