Sponsored

PSA: Rivian Adventure Gear Warranty

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

As we now get closer to "real" deliveries, wanted to remind folks that gear we purchase with the vehicles has a different warranty than if we purchase it later. Thought folks would want to know especially as the BBB EV tax credit/refund could impact total price and the gear we buy with the vehicle.

"Rivian Adventure Gear purchased with your Rivian vehicle is generally covered by the same warranty duration as the comprehensive warranty (5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first). Rivian Adventure Gear purchased separately from your vehicle is covered for a period of 2 years. "

https://rivian.com/support/article/what-is-the-adventure-gear-warranty
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
As we now get closer to "real" deliveries, wanted to remind folks that gear we purchase with the vehicles has a different warranty than if we purchase it later. Thought folks would want to know especially as the BBB EV tax credit/refund could impact total price and the gear we buy with the vehicle.

"Rivian Adventure Gear purchased with your Rivian vehicle is generally covered by the same warranty duration as the comprehensive warranty (5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first). Rivian Adventure Gear purchased separately from your vehicle is covered for a period of 2 years. "

https://rivian.com/support/article/what-is-the-adventure-gear-warranty
If people end up having to purchase them separately for whatever reason, a potentially easy way around that is buy the adventure gear with certain credit cards. For example, my Amex adds several years onto the warranty of basically anything I purchase with it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If the IRS application of the MSRP caps does include accessories, I hope Rivian adjusts their warranty policy to accommodate. For example, let the longer warranty apply to accessories purchased with the vehicle or within 30 days of delivery.

Alternatively, they could possibly work something out where the accessories can still be purchased at the same time as the vehicle and even included with financing, but not be printed on the Monroney. This would be similar to how dealerships handle accessories, for example... They still have always let me add them into the purchase, but they're not part of the vehicle's MSRP.
Sponsored