DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck , Planning on joining with an R1T my girlfriend Amy and my Husky Orion. We could have a spare seat in the back if I take out half my dog board but whomever joins would have a 89 lb pup beside them! Coming from Newport and thinking about popping up Sat so I wont have to leave so early. IF we do I’ll see about connecting for breakfast at Edgefield.
@TheHuskyOrionGoesElectric,

Glad you, Amy, and Orion made it yesterday. Also, I enjoyed the visit we had at Edgefield afterwards. Hope the homebound charger performed up to expectations.

Between you three and @Lil'O Annie and her husband, and others I'm forgetting, it was nice to have folks travel a good distance to join in such a great adventure! I hope everyone posts their favorite pics, videos and stories here, RiviavStories, and on the Facebook sites that David and Phil have built for us.

I'm still soaking in a clawfoot tub after spending last night at Edgefield.

Along with a handful of former strangers, we enjoyed Edgefield's soaking pool (read 100+ foot-long hottub that snakes through the trees) until they ran us out at 11. I've got another 40 minutes until they run me out of this tub.

Again, thanks to you, and everyone for committing a your Sunday to our Rivian Roundup and Roadside Rescue day!

I'm sure @jjswan33 and others will post pics of the minivan that he sacrificed equipment to save together with a team of Riviots, by pullingout the vehicle from of it's ditch-diving, snow-sliding mis-adventure. Also, @jjswan33 and @av8or have pics to share in another post (and here?) of the offroad adventure they led along Bennett Pass. Apparently, it was awesome!

Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. 1666630930869

"Soaking Pool
The soaking pool, set behind Ruby's Spa and open to hotel and spa guests only, meanders and flows, providing hidden spots and tributaries for those in need of a quiet moment. The pool is filled with soft, buoyant saltwater that's free of chemical treatments (much better for the environment) and heated to a comfortable 102 degrees.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm sure @jjswan33 and others will post pics of the minivan that he sacrificed equipment to save together with a team of Riviots, by pullingout the vehicle from of it's ditch-diving, snow-sliding mis-adventure.
Ah yes I had forget about that.. maybe selectively.

No pics to post. Minivan had slid off a curve on Timberline road heading up to Timberline, was very stuck in the snow. Turned out to be a bit of a challenging rescue as finding a recovery point was a challenge. We ended up getting my soft shackle around the frame on the driver front side, pulling them out wasn't too difficult but in the process the soft shackle got wedged in and we spent a sold 15-20 minutes trying to get it back out. In the end we gave up and cut it, and afaik it is still lodged in the frame of the minivan.

So fun trying out the recovery gear, Rivian performed excellent. Ordered another pair of soft shackles this morning.

Also thanks @DuckTruck for organizing the outing. I liked the format and it was great to split off a group for some off-road fun for those that wanted to.

Sponsored

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

No pics to post. Minivan had slid off a curve on Timberline road heading up to Timberline, was very stuck in the snow. Turned out to be a bit of a challenging rescue as finding a recovery point was a challenge. We ended up getting my soft shackle around the frame on the driver front side, pulling them out wasn't too difficult but in the process the soft shackle got wedged in and we spent a sold 15-20 minutes trying to get it back out. In the end we gave up and cut it, and afaik it is still lodged in the frame of the minivan.

So fun trying out the recovery gear, Rivian performed excellent. Ordered another pair of soft shackles this morning.

Also thanks @DuckTruck for organizing the outing. I liked the format and it was great to split off a group for some off-road fun for those that wanted to.
I managed to get a pic of the unfortunate van. No action pictures of the recovery, unfortunately.
I'm sure they're very thankful for the help!
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. van

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@jjswan33,

Thanks for your kind words, and also to you and the others involved in saving those who thought a minivan to Timberline was a good idea in this year's first snowfall. I have to admit, if I had to drive a minivan everyday, I think I might just have to drive off the side of a mountain, as well. For those with minivans, please settle down and know that my comment is (mostly) tongue-in-cheek.

I've said it many times already, but I'm really glad that you and @av8or led that group to the top of Bennett Pass. Others shared their thanks as well, saying that even the 21's did just fine on that track. Also, the pics of the views you all had from above the clouds are awesome!

Our timing couldn't have been much better. A few days ago, the mountain was relatively gray and not looking its best. It was covered with smoke, and most all but the summit was little more than exposed rock. Fast forward three days, the smoke is gone, it has its first coat of fresh snow, and man, was that new snow fun to rip around in!

Yesterday, we arrived to a shroud of clouds, only to have it disappear while we were hanging out and doing donuts in the parking lot and tormenting that poor Ford F150...151, whatever it's called.

For those who weren't there, upon arrival, we could barely see the summit:
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. 20221023_124219

30 minutes later, and blue skies!
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. 20221023_134857

For those of us that headed to Hood River, we were fortunate to find a relatively calm day and sunshine out on The Hook in the Columbia before breaking up, with many returning to Edgefield for Dinner.

Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. 20221023_160009

All told, a dozen R1T's, one beautiful R1S, a great group of people (with many pups), and some typical Fall weather made for a great first driving event. A calendar of "Save the dates" will follow shortly. We'll be looking at holding at least one planned event every six weeks or so, with some spontaneous social gatherings always popping up from time to time. I encourage all to share your ideas and/or organize any number of offroad or roadtrip events. It's always great to have options. I love putting on these types of events, so let's keep it rolling and growing!

We'll try to keep all gatherings as dog-friendly as possible. The Canine Crew of Vaughn, Cooper, Orion, Lilly, and all the others deserve no less.

Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. IMG_0361(1)

This may not be the best news for all of our furry friends...
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. Squirrel-blamed-for-power-outage-affecting-nearly-2000-in-Oregon

Keep those pics, videos, and stories coming here and on the other Rivian outlets!

Thanks to everyone who made it! Hoping others can join us next time!

Cheers to a great day!

Update: Given the dry, dusty, and smoky conditions of last week, and this week's subsequent rainstorms, I'd say we got lucky with playing in this year's first snowfall with a bunch of blue sky above!

Last edited:

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Here’s a few that I got I apologize that I didn’t take more and not a great photographer.

Had to post this one just because it’s such a pretty scene. Mountain isn’t bad either.
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. BF36B038-7983-44EC-8958-4E9A560542C1

Maybe Rivians make us feel a little younger.
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. 266C5C8D-A608-47C1-A8C8-A6A6B3B43221
We had a great turnout.
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. 731DC70E-6EAC-497A-8E43-14E2038D68A4

Sneaking in and out.
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. DFC3DFAB-9885-4D13-9207-BE3F2844B785
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. D1FF6D02-2768-40D0-8732-C07C25294105
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. C4A14A51-CCD1-4743-9FE9-A37B2F40EC94

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Fisheries science
I really wish I could have made it. I would have given a splash or red. I did go though hood River though yesterday helping tow a buddies subie with a blown head gasket back home.
We were totally looking for a red and yellow to complete the Rainbow! Next time!

Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Chris, my hubby, asked me to post a couple of his photos for him. Pretty much more of the same of that beautiful view and the star of the show...the R1S. 😁
I'll be working on the videos for awhile, but hope to get them up S-O--O-N.
Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. Mt Hood Rivians R1T

Rivian R1T R1S Proposed Group Trip: Mt. Hood - Hood River Loop on October 23rd. Rivian R1S Best of Show

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I really want to. I hope I see the next announcement.
Please PM me here with your name and cell number and you'll be in the know for any event I'm a part of.

The same holds true for anyone interested in joining us in future gatherings, drives, and other adventures!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Got a fairly short video worked up for y'all. Not the greatest quality, but so fun to see again what went on during the trip. Much more to come!
Sponsored